Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Strange target request....

Old 06-02-2006, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Strange target request....

ORIGINAL: retrieverman

ORIGINAL: BrutalAttack

I just don't understand why we are having this discussion. I don't understand why I need to explain myself on a frickin internet forum. The concept is pretty simple it seems to me. Someone posts a question or concern and they get an answer from someone in the community. Simple as that. My thread didn't say: "hey lets debate using headshots". See where I'm coming from?
I don't care if you are the "authority" or whatever you want to call yourself. Your request for head shot targets is what started this discussion. Did you not think that posing such a question on a HUNTING forum where head shots are typically considered "unethical" would not stir up some controversy? And furthermore, the "I am the authority in this state and have good reason for taking head shots so don't worry about it" comment catapulted you right into the smartass jerk catagory of posters. I have looked back at some of yourprevious posts, and this attitude is pretty typical. If you don't want to hear from a bunch of "keyboard cowboys", ask your "authority" buddies instead of a HUNTING forum next time.
Well I'm flattered that ya'll are so worried about my business. Is this thread about headshots or about me being a jerk? Cause i'm pretty sure we've established that I'm a jerk so we can probably move on into some healthy discussion but I'm sure you'd all rather sit around and call names.

Remember what your mother said.....? If you can't say anything nice...
Old 06-02-2006, 09:31 PM

Retriever:

HERE HERE. Bravo. Well put!!!
Old 06-02-2006, 10:30 PM

I don't think this is anything to get anybodies panties in a twist over. He asked a simple question, end of story. I would have gotten a little snippity as well if someone implied I was poaching without knowing the facts. And, it isn't anyones business why he is wanting to practice for headshots. Last time I checked, that's not illegal. Might be a morality issue, but that is up to each individual to decide.JMHO
Old 06-02-2006, 11:51 PM

Wow, you need to chill out a little bit.

Why do you even need a picture of deer to practice with with? Find something that is representative of the size of the size of your target and shoot at it. You could probably just make some small targets out of construcion paper or something. If you feel that you need to train using representative targets, get a life sized paper deer target and just shoot at the head. I know that you can get targets like that, they have them at my local gun shop. If i can get them in this part of the country, anyone should be able to get them.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: sparks

Wow, you need to chill out a little bit.

Why do you even need a picture of deer to practice with with? Find something that is representative of the size of the size of your target and shoot at it. You could probably just make some small targets out of construcion paper or something. If you feel that you need to train using representative targets, get a life sized paper deer target and just shoot at the head. I know that you can get targets like that, they have them at my local gun shop. If i can get them in this part of the country, anyone should be able to get them.
Yeah I'm the one that needs to chill....did you read the entire thread?
This isn't something my hoedink little gun shop carries. Do you really think you need to tell me to go to the store? Seriously.

Man, I quit posting here for quite some time and now I remember why. Sorry I even asked.
Old 06-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: longrifle1000

He asked a simple question, end of story. I would have gotten a little snippity as well if someone implied I was poaching without knowing the facts. And, it isn't anyones business why he is wanting to practice for headshots. Last time I checked, that's not illegal. Might be a morality issue, but that is up to each individual to decide.JMHO
HERE HERE. Bravo. Well put!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:31 PM

jccheartboy:

Your post looks like a blatent work of plagiarism!!! HA HA

I'm honored. Thank you.

Somebody should say something nice here so I'll do it.
Old 06-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Raptor,

No problem, hopefully everyone can keep the peace....
Old 06-04-2006, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't believe I get this chit for free! I should have to buy a ticket!
Old 06-04-2006, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Anyone have a target of a deers ass as it runs away tail up? They go down real fast if you send one up the old exaust pipe. Some folks are really good shots and some folks dream.

Quick Reply: Strange target request....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.