Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

S&W model 29

Old 05-07-2006, 06:45 PM

Default RE: S&W model 29

one more thing

if its a pinned&recessed made in 1974 it should have a wood presentation case with blue felt inside, a cleaning rod etc..

early
Old 05-07-2006, 06:57 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: James B

I have never had a screw come loose in the Ruger or Taurus Revolver. I have had some 29's but only shoot 44 speial level loads except for hunting. They just are not a Ruger or Dan Wesson. Look at the Raging Bull. Its also a stronger revolver.
How come I am not surprised by this.

If James B uses it, its the best, and nothing more is needed. You ought to pat yourself on your back more.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Typical Buck

Actually, it is a recessed and pinned model. I think what is making me take this deal is that it looks mint and comes with a shoulder holster ($60.00) two boxes of corbon ammo and two boxes of 50 blazer ammo. So, it is really only about 400 for the pistol. It does as well have the wood presentation box with the cleaning kit and original papers as well. I could get a raging bull for 420 in a six inch barrel but I would prefer a blued barrel and I have never had a smith product. My pal has a model 24 in 44 special and loves it! He heard of this and told me he would buy it if I didnt. Do you think 400 is fair just for the gun?
Old 05-07-2006, 07:06 PM
bigcountry

If its in mint condition, 400 is fair IMO. I love my Mod29. I mean you can get the goofy looking raging thing with the big writing on the side, or you could feel like dirty harry.

Old 05-07-2006, 07:07 PM
Typical Buck

I think I like the dirty harry side of things better. I think I'll just buy it and see what comes of it. EJ
Old 05-07-2006, 07:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am really sorry that the screws didn't come loose on my Taurus and Ruger Revolvers. I don't know where you come up with the BS you pump. I have never said that what I use is the best. However there is a reason that I use what I use and maybe its48 years of expierence that has me using the brands that I use. Again I apologize for my revolvers hanging together like they do. What could they be thinking. Matter of fact, I don't recall many screws coming loose on the 20 or more Smiths that I have owned. They do however seem to always be getting out of time. Can't pat myself on the back for trying them again and again.
Old 05-07-2006, 08:00 PM
bigcountry

Well, James, you are your own hero.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Thank you sir. It helps to be old but still remember what worked.
Old 05-07-2006, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

Right on. You will be pleased.
Old 05-08-2006, 06:48 AM
Giant Nontypical

BC..Sent it back to S&W and when it came back the process was repeated..the side plate comes loose again. I am not talking more then 20 shots or so. I used Loctite and it helped marginally. SHort Story got rid of the gun. The thing that irks me is I am reading this months rifle magazine and find out it was a common thing for that period S&W 44 to come loose. The newer ones that can stand it without loosening are stamped 629-E. My best friend at the time bought a Ruger Redhawk and he had zip problems with anything. James as usual gets the good guns.

Quick Reply: S&W model 29

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.