Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

What is Leupold thinking?

Old 04-24-2006, 10:32 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: What is Leupold thinking?

You know I would buy one if sold them for same price as VXIII's. But they are way more.

Old 04-24-2006, 11:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

BC if you ever bought a LX I would probably cease all communications with you
Old 04-24-2006, 11:48 AM
bigcountry

I don't blame ya. It is pretty silly looking.

Old 04-24-2006, 12:07 PM
Fork Horn

I was a diehard Leupold lover. I loved the VXiii and swore I was going to put them on every gun I owned, until, I bought too many guns and couldn't afford $450 a pop. Instead I went with Burris on a friends advice. I paid $230 dollars and got a pair of 8x25 binocs that I gave to my dad. The scope works great. For my bigger guns though I will spend a little more for a higher powered scope with a little better glass, but for my .270's and .243's and smaller calibers the Burris will be my automatic purchase. For my 30-378 and 300 win mag, I am putting VXIII and am thinking about a Zeiss for my next purchase. Leupolds are getting too pricey, and I am finding good quality at a fraction of the price.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:12 PM

I'm still a Leupold man. I just think the VXII 3x9 40mm is hard to beat. You can get them on eBay for $200 and they will do about anything anyone needs. Leupold's warranty is still awesome as well.

I've look through them all, field tested way too many... Leupold is my preference. I agree they have gotten a little "model happy", but I don't think the quality has dipped at all. Maybea few have caught up, it's about time, but still, my $$$ will go to Leupold.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I guess I am the odd man but I myself love the VX-L. Too each thier own I guess, but to say Leupold is crap compared to other scopes is biased against them IMO.
Old 04-24-2006, 11:39 PM

I love my Leupold VXII 3-9x40, much more so than the Burris Fullfield II that I had right before it, so it's hard for me to bash Leupold.
Old 04-25-2006, 06:19 AM
Giant Nontypical

but to say Leupold is crap compared to other scopes is biased against them IMO.
I don't think anyone called them crap just overpriced and overrated

Old 04-25-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HuntElk4Fun

I'm still a Leupold man. I just think the VXII 3x9 40mm is hard to beat. You can get them on eBay for $200 and they will do about anything anyone needs. Leupold's warranty is still awesome as well.
I own one of these too and find it to be a very nice scope.I'd buy another one instead of spending the extra money on aVX-III. But then I still think the Conquest is better than both.
Old 04-25-2006, 09:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

oldelkhunter

titleAndStar(3626,0,false,false,"","")
Addicted to HNI

[align=center][/align]

[blockquote]quote:

but to say Leupold is crap compared to other scopes is biased against them IMO.
[/blockquote]

I don't think anyone called them crap just overpriced and overrated
True, but I guess they are not overrated in my book, I do agree about them being overpriced. But on the other hand Leupold's just don't fail people, and if by chance they do Leupold will fix them with no questions asked. I know a lot of people don't like the new Leupold VX-L but after looking through them at the RMEF elk camp in Reno this past Feburary I was very inpressed. I have not bought one yet but am thinking about it. The only one worry I have is will they be able to have a sun shade on it. I have grown to love my sun shades and they are invaluable when looking into the direction of the setting/riseing sun. I have been side by side with my hunting partnerstwice now when we were looking atgame and I could see clearly and they were being blinded by the sun.

Quick Reply: What is Leupold thinking?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.