Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Raven P25 .25 acp

Old 04-22-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Raven P25 .25 acp

I just got home from the gun show and picked one up for $45.00.
It was kinda an impulse buy. It is small enough for a pocket holster.
Does anyone have any comments or reviews for this gun?

Thanks.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:36 AM

Default RE: Raven P25 .25 acp

Sorry,
Classic Saturday Night Special.

Had one, played with it.
Unreliable feeder, rough, inaccurate.
25 ACP cartridge was as badas I'd heard.
The glitter of my purchase wore off fast.
It provided an enduring lesson
Got rid of it quick.

Now use a Walther PPK,
double action auto in .380
Small, thin and compact,
Slick, quick,and reliable,
Much more in line with what I was thinking when I bought the Raven..

Concealed Carry Self Defence is about the only use for these little critters,
Better you trust your shoes to save your life than to stand your ground with an unreliable piece.
What is your life worth?
Old 04-22-2006, 01:36 PM

Saturday Night Special? Why would ANYONE use a term invented by the anti-gun people?

As for the Raven, they had a pretty good reputation for reliabilty during the first couple of years of production. They share the same weaknesses of all small, blowback, striker fired handguns. IfI couldn't afford anything else, a Raven would look like a decent handgun for the money.
BTW, I've seen some PPKs and PPK/s that wouldn't feed three rounds of ball in a row. Doesn't mean they are all bad, just as the one raven doesn't mean they are all bad.
Old 04-22-2006, 03:03 PM

Saturday Night Special? Why would ANYONE use a term invented by the anti-gun people?
Just because they are our enemy does not mean they are incapable of developing a term that IMO is right on target, i.e. cheap, low quality, only good for ________, (well you fill in the blank, certainly isn't target shooting, except maybe at about 7 feet).

I'm also fond of the term "bambi popping" for deer hunting however some folks feel there is a "anti-hunter benefit" to the use of the term, so I generally avoid its use online; however, Ido find it highly descriptive (smilar toSNS).
Old 04-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hate to be negative but they're pretty much regarded as a sub-standard, low dollar, low quality pot-metal paper weight. That $45 wouldv'e been better spent in almost any other way.
Sorry. [&o]
Old 04-22-2006, 07:05 PM

I would use it as trading material on another gun. I would not even buy shells for it.
Old 04-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Fork Horn

Makes a good trot-line sinker.
Old 04-24-2006, 10:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Ill trade ya a equal amount/weight of lead sinkers for it

Well im sure its not equal to a ppk or is it a target gun - but its probbly more handy& pocketable the a 10 foot long sharp stick.

I have a jennings22. that cost about the same& have stuck it in my pocket etc many times on the way out the door.Dont have or doubt i ever will a ppk- so without the cheap 22 at those times i would have had nothing but a empty pocket with me.

Just fire it a bit, see if it functions ok etc.(maybe a upgrade on its fireing pin? as i heard thats a possible problem in such guns, dont know if its true or not) if your life depends on it?

$45.00 wont even buy many ppl a full tank of gas nowadays- your pistol should last a longer then that gas will.(unless you use it as a sinker)

Old 04-24-2006, 07:15 PM
Fork Horn

The .22LR Jennings is far superior to the .25 ACP. I would sooner trust my life to a sharp stick than a Raven .25.

I personally witnessed someone get shot three times across a table in a bar with a Raven .25 ACP, and then proceed to beat the daylights out of the guy who shot him. Individual was wearing a biker type leather jacket that the first shot didn't penetrate, second shot broke his front tooth and the bullet lodged in his cheek, third shot bounced off his forehead and landed on the table! Three shots with .25 ACP lead bullets and zero penetration. I'd take my chances with the stick.

Old 04-24-2006, 07:34 PM

RuRu,
You story dovetails with my statement,
"Better to trust your life to your shoes than to stand your ground with an unreliable piece.

My impression from the 25ACP that I had (briefly, a misguided moment) was that a 22LR had more of the right stuff.

Quick Reply: Raven P25 .25 acp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.