Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Raven P25 .25 acp

Old 04-24-2006, 08:07 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Raven P25 .25 acp

The 25 does not offer much power wise. However many times just producing a gun will end a confrontation. It is certainly better than no gun at all. If it comes to a real life and death situation, I want a 45, Would settle for a 40 S&W as a second place and a good Nine as a bottom line.

If you clean the Raven after every couple magazines of ammo, it will function pretty well. Get the hottes ammo you can find. That will increase its functioning.
Old 04-24-2006, 09:09 PM
Giant Nontypical

That why i onlysaid a pocket 25. would be more handy& pocketable- then a 10 foot stick - (but not better no)-i do thinka good longsharp stick would bemore effective also in many cases.(just not portable/pocketable)

A lady who worked withthe wife at the hospital( in ny)- she was shot 7 times with a pocket 25.(dont know what brand) she threw herself threw the window getting away from her husband& his gun- all wounds where superfical-( most in the limbs(2 in the butt&1 stuckin the back)but they did penatrate some-Itbounced off his forehead?man thats pretty bad penatration .

Id think both be pretty marginal in some same type situations& withshort barreled guns (and compared to the more powerfull rounds of course are).(tho on paper anyways- the 25acp has the edge over the 22 maybe
'(if i remember right)? I was never impressed with its power or high ammo cost over a 22 cal& the reason i never got one in 25 acp )

Old 04-25-2006, 05:41 AM

John Browning designed the .25 ACP to get around feeding/fouling problems with the .22 LR cartridges of his day. Not really an issue today, no more BP or semi-smokeles .22 LR cartridges being made.
Old 04-25-2006, 02:15 PM
Fork Horn

I go along with what Knightia said.

I had the same question a while back. And got the same response. I inherited a FIE 25 ACP from a friend and found out it was in the same category. I shot the full clip it came with (after I cleaned it up) and it worked fine. I bought some CCI ammo for it and it would only fire every other round. I bought box of Independence ammo and it worked fine. The gun is reliable and fun to shoot with the right ammo. Now I have a fun gun to shoot that I can chuck when it breaks. My son likes it as well. It also works as a pocket pistol for those times when something is better than nothing. I agree with JamesB though, I'd rather have my XD40 if I really needed somthing.

Keep it and have some fun.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:40 AM

i remember back when i was like 15 or so i got a 25. It was my first pistol and NO i was not legal to buy it and NO i was not a drug dealers =) lol. NEway the gun shot like crap, couldnt hit a gallon paint can from 5feet. If i remember correctly it found its way to the bottom of a pond near my moms house.
Old 05-23-2006, 10:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Well I took my .25 Raven to the range. After reding everyones replys I was not expecting much but it works flawlessly. The first day I shot 100 rounds through it with out a jam or failure to feed. Not a single problem!! The second day I didn't even clean it from the day before. Same thing no problems. It is pretty accurate to. At 15 yards I can hit the head target and actually hit where I aim. I fired 3 shots and had all shots touching.

I know the caliber isn't much but for $45.00 I think I got a deal.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:34 PM

spike....as much as i am known for preaching the best one can buy and dont buy crap.....i used to have a raven too. never had a problem with it. it was at least as accurate as it's intended purpose and never ever had a relaibility issue. as far as whoever said a 22 is better than a 25...well...bull....they both suck....at least the 25 doesnt have the inherent feeding problems that a 22lr does. unfortunately i traded my 25 for a 9mm taurus for my ex wife....will never pull that crap again...now im out my 25 and that 9.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:50 PM
Giant Nontypical

Concealed Carry Self Defence is about the only use for these little critters,
Better you trust your shoes to save your life than to stand your ground with an unreliable piece.
What is your life worth?
A very good point EKM what is your life worth to be messing with a pistol that will just piss off a violent criminal who may or may not be under the influence of some sort of violence inducing drugabout to do you in ? Best case scenario you kill him with one shot at very close range, chances are that wont happen which leads you to the worst case scenario. You wounded him/her and they sue you in a court of law.

At 15 yards I can hit the head target and actually hit where I aim. I fired 3 shots and had all shots touching.
Shoot a thug at 15 yards and you may go to Jail..most DA's expect a threat to ones life at a few yards max. Lets see you do that when he is a few feet from you with a Knife or gun in his hand.

Old 05-23-2006, 08:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: oldelkhunter

Concealed Carry Self Defence is about the only use for these little critters,
Better you trust your shoes to save your life than to stand your ground with an unreliable piece.
What is your life worth?
A very good point EKM what is your life worth to be messing with a pistol that will just piss off a violent criminal who may or may not be under the influence of some sort of violence inducing drugabout to do you in ? Best case scenario you kill him with one shot at very close range, chances are that wont happen which leads you to the worst case scenario. You wounded him/her and they sue you in a court of law.

At 15 yards I can hit the head target and actually hit where I aim. I fired 3 shots and had all shots touching.
Shoot a thug at 15 yards and you may go to Jail..most DA's expect a threat to ones life at a few yards max. Lets see you do that when he is a few feet from you with a Knife or gun in his hand.

As far as self defence goes I don't have to worry about that.
The countyI live in doesn't issue carry permit unless your peace or police officer, Or if your a friend of the judge [:@]. But for home protection I have my .45 so no worries there.
Old 05-24-2006, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

JUNK!!!

Quick Reply: Raven P25 .25 acp

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.