Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Which Encore Pistol?

Old 05-09-2006, 02:09 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Which Encore Pistol?

lovethebigguns, if you're going to hunt in indiana with the encore pistol you need to check the hunting regulations before you buy a barrel chambered in a bottleneck cartridge. the last i knew indiana didn't allow bottleneck centerfire cartridges even in a pistol configuration.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:27 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Which Encore Pistol?

I checked, the only restrictions are a minimum on which calibers you can use and a minimum pistol barrel length.
We've been hunting withRemington XP100's and Contenders for several years now. I have some friends that hunt with Encores also.

WhatI hate is that I can hunt with an Encore Pistolchambered in the 270 Win but I can't hunt with aWinchester Model 94 44 Magnum!
They just have a blanket law of no centerfire rifles of any kind.Another weird thing is that if I put a rifle stockin my Encorepistol barrel then it becomes illegal.
I appreciate your concern though!!
Thanks,
Scottie