Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Paintball just for kids?

Old 04-05-2006, 03:36 PM

Default Paintball just for kids?

Is it true that paintball is only for kids?
Do adult persons actually play paintball, have you ever played?

Old 04-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Paintball just for kids?

This is kind of a silly post for a gun section, but I have played with my sons and am too old and out of shape for the game. I know quite a few college age guys(some older) that play regularly, but here it is mostly teens and pre-teens that frequent our local paintball field.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:51 PM

Its not silly if you dont have paintball where you live like me. Im just asking. And i dont see any other topic where it fits.
Old 04-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

my dad and 2 uncles love to play it. right now one of my uncles it chompin at the bit to play!
Old 04-05-2006, 04:14 PM

I used to play a lot, back when I was in my early twenties. I saw a lot of older people as well. I sold all of my gear a couple years ago. Just got to be too expensive. Especially when all of the fields require you to buy their CO2, and paint. Average cost for paint at fields around here is $95/1500 case. And 1 person can go through a case in a full day. And since you have to buy their paint, if you buy 1500, and only use 850, you can't bring the rest back with you next time. It is a very expensive hobby. But if you have the funds to play, it is a lot of fun.
Old 04-05-2006, 05:17 PM
Boone & Crockett

I would say its for anyone who enjoys it. It always kinda looked like fun to me. My wife says that all I need is a paint brush to get paint all over everything. She lets me paint outside but she does the inside work.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:01 PM

I've played it and if you want to feel your heart beating in your throat with "think-you're-gonna-die" excitement it is a real hoot. Especially if you are on the amateur team taking on the resident pro team and the pro's are cheating by turning up the pressure on their guns after the chronographing is done.

Those damn things hurt! With those "turned up guns" no one on our team argued after being hit.... you were ready to get out of there, see.....

even in paint ball folks like magnums!
That is unless you are the one getting shot!

Don't tell me thequarry "don't know the difference" when it comes to increased velocity!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:11 PM

Paintball is a professional sport. Teams of highly skilled members get together for tournaments all across the nation, and i believe the tournaments you attend are determined by the region you live in. The guys who are into that much have fully auto guns worth well over $1000. I've gone and watched some of the tournaments before. And I can tell you it's not a kids thing at that level. Far from it.

P.S. For those of you who doubt a paintball gun costs that much check this out. Angels are one of the best money can buy from what I hear, but there are others that cost even more.
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start?ProductSKU=010-151-0059
Old 04-05-2006, 06:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I played a few times back in the early 80's. Back then, I don't think they had the semi and full auto guns. They rented those Nell Spot Marker guns.

We went to a playing field where you rent all the stuff then they pick teams and play capture the flag. It was awesome. Every step I was scared I was going to get shot, and a few times I did. Yes those things sting. I had welts that lasted for two weeks.

There was some old guy they called "The General". He was a WW2 veteran. Everyone warned us not to turn your back on him even if he was on your team. If he wasn't getting any action, he'd start shootingplayers on his own team.

After you got " Killed" you'd raise your hands in the air and announce that you were hit repeatedly and walk to the " Dead Zone". This was an area that was roped off out of the play area and everyone that was "Killed" would go. There we'd wait until the game was won, by capturing the other team's flag or shooting all it's players. Then we'd start a new game. While waiting in the dead zone guys would have quick draw competitions, shooting each other by seeing who was faster on the draw. I actually "Out drew " a police officer. He was mad. We'd all sit around and talk of the shots we made and how we got killed. It was FUN!
Old 04-05-2006, 06:21 PM

Paintball is one of the best things you can do outside. Play once and you'll won't be able to stop. Humans hunt back.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.