Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Paintball just for kids?

Old 04-05-2006, 06:23 PM

Default RE: Paintball just for kids?

ORIGINAL: Windwalker7

I played a few times back in the early 80's. Back then, I don't think they had the semi and full auto guns. They rented those Nell Spot Marker guns.

We went to a playing field where you rent all the stuff then they pick teams and play capture the flag. It was awesome. Every step I was scared I was going to get shot, and a few times I did. Yes those things sting. I had welts that lasted for two weeks.

There was some old guy they called "The General". He was a WW2 veteran. Everyone warned us not to turn your back on him even if he was on your team. If he wasn't getting any action, he'd start shootingplayers on his own team.

After you got " Killed" you'd raise your hands in the air and announce that you were hit repeatedly and walk to the " Dead Zone". This was an area that was roped off out of the play area and everyone that was "Killed" would go. There we'd wait until the game was won, by capturing the other team's flag or shooting all it's players. Then we'd start a new game. While waiting in the dead zone guys would have quick draw competitions, shooting each other by seeing who was faster on the draw. I actually "Out drew " a police officer. He was mad. We'd all sit around and talk of the shots we made and how we got killed. It was FUN!
Why have you stop playing?
Old 04-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Lots of reasons

That was a long time ago. My buddies and I went several times. We were young then and only had Min. Wage jobs. It was hard to all get the same schedule and we had to drive quite a ways to the play field.

This was back in they early days of Paint Ball. It was fun to play but those things hurt when you get hit. Back then the only face protection was Goggles. I hit a guy right in the mouth once. His lips were all swelled up and everything, LOL.

It was Great fun. I've often thought about finding a place that has a playing feild and trying it again.But with kids and job it might be hard to get the time.

Everyone would probably want to .....Get the old guy (me)

I"ll bet getting hit several times with a semi or full auto would feel pretty painful, LOL.I cringe just thinking of it.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:50 PM

Well i suppose age is not that important in paintball, since its not just about moving around but to aim and shot and be tactical in movement, not just run around. I suppose today the game has advanced from your time and its more easy to get a field, better guns and ammo than in the 80s.
I always wanted to try it out. I actually did played once, but the field when broke 3 months later. There isnt any other field since then. What i could try is to get some friends together buy some guns and ammo, and play in the land from someone of us with our rules. I have a couple or yards i dont use with some forest. It would be nice to play a sunday and then make some barbecue and talk from the game with a coulpe of beers.
Old 04-05-2006, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

paint ball is veryfun for most ages that can handle runnig and getting hit wiht a paint ball lol is kinds spendy at first but aint no more expensive than a desent deer rifle onece ya got all the gear kinda like a gun and scope all u ness is amoo paint balls and fill up co2 tanks very fun and addictive give it a shot
Old 04-05-2006, 08:41 PM

If you start playing a lot it is more economical to rent a large CO2 tank and carry it around in the back of your truck. Usually, there is a fee to rent the bottle, which is very low if you split it up between friends, and you can fill it as often as you like for free. And that way you don't have to go back to town when your tanks run out or buy extra tank to take along.
Old 04-05-2006, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

we would do this thing where we would run down my g-mas driveway(it was really long and right next to some woods) and about 15-20 yards away about 7 guys would shoot at you. the point was to run to the end of the driveway grab a football and run back to a certain point. when you got that many guys shootin at ya, it hurts!
Old 04-06-2006, 10:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Paintball is lots of fun for everybody. Just make sure that kids are old enough to have enough dscipline to NEVER take off their facemask during the game and keep the marker (gun) pointed in a safe direction.
They are plenty powerful to inflict a good amount of damage to soft facial tissues like eyes.

FYI: Be aware that there are certain cities, like Joliet, IL that have outlawed the mereposession of all painball guns, pellet guns, and airsoft guns. Yup, it's not just about shooting one in public, or endagering someone by misusing it. They have actually taken it to the obscene level of outlawing the posession of them, even in a private residence, on private land, in a locked room, in a locked case, and without any ammo. Pretty goofy. The policewould still need to have a valid reason to search your property, but you could get nailed on your way to the paintball park.

Under these laws, I can own as many handguns, rifles, shotguns as I want, even a canon, but I'd better not have anything that spits a paintballor BBusing air pressure. Yeah, OK. That makes a boatload of sense.
Old 04-07-2006, 05:48 PM

Thats great. Ammo is a little heavy for shipment.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:30 AM

i played a few times, i had a cartrige gun that had a 40 round hopper lol. everyone else had tippmans and spyders. i was good enough at not getting hit that i stayed in the whole time in both games. but when everyone has freaking semi-autos with red dot scopes and sniper barrels its hard lol. getting hit didnt bother me, it was just having a peice of crap gun trying to play some good players that sucked.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:51 PM

Well the tippmann 98C seems nice, and is not so expensive for getting started i think

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.