Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

12GA From Hell

Old 06-26-2015, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

You are making a mountain out of a molehill in that a lot of this IMHO is just some miscommunication in what was stated because if you read the last post by Oldtimr he said exactly what you stated in your previous snippy response to him. Opinions and conjecture with some question marks that the gun is more of a rifle than a shotgun is what I'm seeing and not actually saying that it is. What we all mean is this shotgun that Ed is bastardizing, and that's exactly what he's doing, may still be classified as a shotgun under BATFE definition, but the individual states can darn sure classify it as an illegal weapon in a shotgun only zone. I wouldn't be surprised if that could happen the way all of these manufacturers keep pushing the envelope to increase the range with firearms and bows. It's either that or reduce tags because it's possible too many animals could be taken in some areas due to this long range craze in products.

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-26-2015 at 04:04 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 06-26-2015, 04:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

Are you really that thick or are you just trying hard to be. I will try to make this simple so you can understand it. If a state deems a specific firearm not to be within the meaning of what is legal within their law or regulations, they can make it not legal to use, by law or by regulation. You can call, a firearm anything you want it to be in your mind, no matter what the USUFA calls it, however, what you call it doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't meet the requirements of a particular state's laws or regulations. If a state considers a so called shotgun shooting a cartridge loaded with a bullet instead of a rifled slug not to meet their defininition of a shotgun, they are within their legal rights to make it not legal to use. This is what the whole point was to begin with, it may not be legal in all states. I suspect you knew that but you wanted to argue an inarguable point, why, I can only guess. I am done with this thread, if you want to continue to argue the inarguable, have at it, what I have stated is true, regardless of what you believe.
Old 06-26-2015, 04:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
I am done with this thread, if you want to continue to argue the inarguable, have at it, what I have stated is true, regardless of what you believe.
Oh come on!!!!! After the "sunshine" comment I was already making the popcorn
Old 06-26-2015, 06:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

58 pages and look who starts the party!!
RR
Old 06-26-2015, 06:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

Actually NM448 started this "party" when he brought the BATFE into the discussion when all we were talking about was what the states can allow or disallow under their hunting regulations and not what the BATFE might call the device Ed is making!
Old 06-27-2015, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

My point in this was that the FIRST GUY to get caught using one of these in a shotgun only area would be fine. If the law says "shotgun only," then legally, he's using a shotgun, and even though it might not fit the spirit of the law, it fits its letter. A state couldn't judge that first guy's shotgun to be a rifle - so he couldn't get in trouble.

Now, I'd fully agree with the premise that after catching the FIRST GUY, the state would compose a new regulation the next year that would prevent the SECOND GUY from using one.

Nobody would get in trouble - today - for using one of these in a shotgun only area, unless something else in the regs already exists to prohibit it - which is what Oldtimr and Superhunt proposed.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If you knew most of the Police and Game Wardens around here, you would totally understand why I would think they would snatch me up for using one of those things. Most of them couldn't find their butts with a map and don't know diddly about firearms. They would see, Brass Case, rifled barrel, BULLET not a SLUG (which most 12 gauge slugs are now anyway), and say "You got yourself a rifle here boy, time to go see tha judge". Now granted, as you said, it would be EASILY thrown out but who want's to deal with that mess? Firearms season is short enough here without having to lose a day because of stupidity.
Old 06-27-2015, 11:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

You're nit picking NM. We understand the laws, so quit beating a dead horse as they say, LOL!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 06-27-2015 at 11:05 AM.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

What it boils down to is this...

THE STATE CANNOT SAY THAT A CLASSIFIED SHOTGUN IS NOW CLASSIFIED AS A RIFLE!

They can prohibit for deer hunting purposes; 12ga FH, 20ga FH, 24ga FH,

slugs loaded hot on 3.5" 12 and 20 ga plastic cases, brass shotgun cases

over 2.5", etc, Nefs with 6 ft barrels.as deer hunting examples. BUT they

can't prohibit a)ownership. b)target shooting, c)reloading for them, etc.

And they can't call the shotgun calibers, rifles, whether rifled or not, whether

the barrels round, hex, or square, 20 inches long or 100 inches long,

plastic or brass or paper cases, backbored, paradox styles,

1 inch diameter or 3 inch diameter,etc.etc...Ed

Last edited by hubel458; 07-10-2015 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-11-2015, 06:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

""THE STATE CANNOT SAY THAT A CLASSIFIED SHOTGUN IS NOW CLASSIFIED AS A RIFLE!""

We understand that! However, the state CAN OUTLAW anything they want to as far as hunting with it and that's the crux of this whole thread! They may not be able to reclassify the item from what it is called by the Feds, but they can certainly disallow it's use if they feel it is too close to being a rifle for hunting purposes. That is done all the time, especially in the midwest states!

Last edited by Topgun 3006; 07-11-2015 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Spelling

Quick Reply: 12GA From Hell

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.