Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

.325 wsm

Old 03-12-2006, 09:40 PM

Default .325 wsm

By the way, what is the take on the Winchester .325 wsm? Is it that good or not?
Old 03-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: .325 wsm

It is as good as any other .338 or 8mm cartridge as far is game killing ability is concerned. For elk, moose, and bears it is about perfect. However, I see two hurdles it must over come if it is going to be successful.

It came into the short mag craze way way late in the game after everyone already purchased their 300 WSM's so it has a lot of catching up to do. They screwed up by not introducing it when they introduced the WSSM's

It's an 8mm bullet. The 8mm has never been very big with Americans at all and bullets are limited to the reloader. Sure they tried to name it something else but they aren't fooling anyone with 325. We all know it's still an 8mm.
Old 03-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Its Ballistics are impressive. But it may not be able to compete with the 338's. I have not tried one but I like what reviews I have read. It may hurt to have Winchester out of the game.
Old 03-13-2006, 07:27 PM

I havn't shot it myself but from what I have read it suppsoe to be faster than a 300mag and hit harder than a 338 mag so that sounds pretty impressive to me and if you don't reload your own ammo it might just be a gun that digs a hole in your pocket. once I get a bit older and have the money I'm looking forward to buying one for elk, moose, and bear hunting I think it would be a blast if your had teh money otherwise I would just save it and stick with what u got.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:38 PM

I have one in a Ruger Frontier. I love it! At 200 yards its holds a 1.5 inch group with 200 grain accubonds. I have it topped off with a Burris scope. Real nice set up. Ill take it up against anything in North America!
Old 03-15-2006, 09:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: btiger53

By the way, what is the take on the Winchester .325 wsm? Is it that good or not?
It's a fine cartridge.

Having said that it's the answer to a question that was never asked.