Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

MOST INFLUENTIAL GUN INOVATORS

Old 03-06-2006, 07:11 PM

Default MOST INFLUENTIAL GUN INOVATORS

Would you consider these 4 gentleman to be some of the most influential in the progression that guns have made in the past 150 years?

ELIPHALET REMINGTON

SAM COLT

JOHN BROWNING

ROY WEATHERBY

Roy pictured here with Jack O'Connor
Old 03-06-2006, 07:21 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: MOST INFLUENTIAL GUN INOVATORS

I like roy weatherby because he went for the velocity. Just an old wildcatter
Old 03-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Dominant Buck

I will have to pick Browning. He designed many of the Remingtons, but also designed some of the best battle weapons, sporting hand guns, sporting shotguns and sporting rifles. Browning was the main designer for many companies.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:46 PM

Browning hands down. The A-5, the 1911, the Superposed (i think) most if not all of the old Winchester lever guns and a whole slew of military arms. If you've never taken apart an A-5 or 1911 I don't know if you can appreciate the man's genius.
Old 03-06-2006, 07:57 PM

So do you guysagree that these men weresome of the mostinfluential innovatorsto modern firearms one way or the other?
Old 03-06-2006, 08:02 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: buckstalker1187

So do you guysagree that these men weresome of the mostinfluential innovatorsto modern firearms one way or the other?
Yes, but Browning #1
Old 03-06-2006, 08:04 PM

Would you consider these 4 gentleman to be some of the most influential in the progression that guns have made in the past 150 years?
Remington was. Colt was. Browning definately was. Weatherby? Without Peter and Paul Mauser to develop the really successful bolt action, Weatherby would have been just another guy who owned a gunshop.

Who else were "some" of the most influential... Christian Spencer, Joseph Rider, HiramMaxim, IsaacLewis, John Marlin, Ritter Von Mannlicher, JohnGarand,Symonov, Kalsihnikov. Kinda tough to narrow it down.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:17 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: Charley

Remington was. Colt was. Browning definitely was. Weatherby? Without Peter and Paul Mauser to develop the really successful bolt action, Weatherby would have been just another guy who owned a gun shop.

Who else were "some" of the most influential... Christian Spencer, Joseph Rider, HiramMaxim, IsaacLewis, John Marlin, Ritter Von Mannlicher, JohnGarand,Simonov, Kalashnikov. Kinda tough to narrow it down.
Yep! All them came thru my mind also!Also the one which niolated Custer, the Henry repeater, when the US Calvary was onlyarmed with single shot Spencers.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:24 PM

There was sure alot of inventors. I never payed attention much to military guns. (I have no desire to collect them) Butafter hearing many awsome things about mausers, garand, and mannlichers. This is actually making me think of getting some.
Old 03-06-2006, 09:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Many here will disagree but I would have to add Bill Rurer and partner to that list. If for no other reason, the 10/22 and the Ruger Blackhawk which kept single action revolvers alive. I would add the cheap accurate industructable standard model 22 pistol to the list. Old Oliver winchester made many developments possible. Mr Smith and Mr. Wesson also played a hugh part in the history of firearms. I bet EKM can add a few more names. There was this JR guy ahh John somebody

Quick Reply: MOST INFLUENTIAL GUN INOVATORS

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.