Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

cheap pistol

Old 03-04-2006, 09:05 AM

Default cheap pistol

ime currently looking for a cheap pistol...i dont think i want a revolver.....i just want sompthin cheap and its gonna last a little bit...and possibly a 9mm or sumpthin like that not a 22 or a 17......so i was wondering who makes a pistol like this for around 300bucks
Old 03-04-2006, 09:22 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: cheap pistol

ORIGINAL: Deersmoker243

ime currently looking for a cheap pistol...i dont think i want a revolver.....i just want sompthin cheap and its gonna last a little bit.....

......so i was wondering who makes a pistol like this for around 300bucks
I hope you meant to say inexpensive - not cheap. There is a difference.

I just got my little flyer from Gander Mountain. There's the Bersa Thunder .380 Lite Duotone for $219. It is basically a Walther PPK copy which isa nice smaller pistol.
Old 03-04-2006, 09:37 AM
Fork Horn

I think taurus makes one for around $300 but it might be a subcompact 9mm
Old 03-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Cheap...lorcin, jennings, etc

Inexpensive: RugerP series
Old 03-04-2006, 11:22 AM

smoke I have several handguns from cheap Lorcin pocket pistols that I bought to give away as gifts (they go bang and will make em leak!) too Smiths and a Para. But perhaps the conceal gun I carry the most is a "cheap" (in price but not quality) KelTech P11 9mm. I bought the gun because a buddy gave me a steal on his. But I really like the little gun because with one in the tube I have 10 rounds and it easily fits in my front pocket, the small of my back and in the inner breast pocket of my jackets.

New they can be boughtfor less than $300 and they come with 2 clips. The only other thing you probably would want would be a Boresnake (if you don't already have a 9mm/38 sized one) and a holster and ammo. Other than that you don't have anything else to get for the lil pistol. They are built in FLA and I have sold many of them over the years in32, 380 and the 9mm. I can't remember the first one coming back with any problems. Sure they wont shoot a 6" group at 50yds and I doubt you could run 10k +Ps through them, but they aren't supposed to be a Kimber or Glock. They are simply affordable pocket pistols and they do that very well.

Good luck,
RA

ps
Though I still recommend the KelTec first in your situation, but also consider pistols from Taurus. They are great guns for the money as well.
Old 03-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Dominant Buck

Though I still recommend the KelTec first in your situation, but also consider pistols from Taurus. They are great guns for the money as well.

DITTO!
Old 03-04-2006, 05:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

For $300 you could buy a Makarov and a case of ammo for it and have a much better gun than any listed so far
Old 03-04-2006, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Briman

For $300 you could buy a Makarov and a case of ammo for it and have a much better gun than any listed so far
Absolutely some Makorovs are excellent weapons, ... especially some of the east German produced pistols. But they aren't necessarily real small concealables. Not huge, but not small. I do have a FEG Hungarian 6 shot that's on the smallish side, but not nearly the gun my Ernst Thaelmann E. German made Makarov is. I understand it was a police issue Makorov, made in east German factories from the Russian design.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got a CZ 75 and have gotten along with it quite well. It is closer to the $400 neighborhood new, but it holds 14 rounds in the magazine, and is very easy to find accessories for. Plus, it's all steel construction.
Old 03-04-2006, 07:41 PM

Kel-Tec makes durable pistols at cheap prices. They are light weight and small.I had one in 9mm and never had any problems. Trigger takes some getting use to. CertainSmith & Wesson magazines will work in it which is a plus.

Quick Reply: cheap pistol

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.