Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

HELP NEEDED! Old Weaver ring question??

Old 03-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: HELP NEEDED! Old Weaver ring question??

Well, looking at those rings you may be SOL. The ad shows a set with out a scope mounted to them so I am thinking that they are made of steel and you may be able to open them up just enough to slip them over the tube with out messing them up.

However, I emailed Weaver the link to this thread with the pics to see if they could help out.
Old 03-05-2006, 09:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: HELP NEEDED! Old Weaver ring question??

I'm fine with having to use them as they are...I was just real curious about how it could be done if at all.....Maybe it was a factory installation and factory-only retro fitting if necessary.
Nevertheless, there are plenty of standard 2 piece Weaver rings available that I can use on my other vintage Weavers that came w/o rings.
These particular rings I'm showing you guys and asking about are just a little lower set up....I'm able to mount this setup at least 3/16ths lower than the other style of low rings. That's why I was even curious about swapping them out in the first place.
Thanks for sending the pic's to Weaver for me....I'll be real interested if you get some info back from them.
Later gentlemen