Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

QUESTION

Old 02-28-2006, 07:23 AM

Default RE: QUESTION

Like Duckbutter said - Go shoulder all three of them. I own Savage, Winchester, and Remington rifles. I really like my Savage. very accurate out of the box and I love the accutrigger. It is not much to look at but it is one of my guide guns so it just has to be accurate. IMO it is the best buy for your money.

Justto back off the remington fanatic's, I love my remington also and never plan to sell it. The remington is very accurate and a beautiful gun but cost me a lot more than what I paid for the savage.

The Weatherby I have never owned but I have shot them.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: QUESTION

Today's Savage rifles have acquired a superb reputation for accuracy, and have by far the best adjustable trigger on the market! In this day and age,little money is spent by any company on such niceties as quality control.

One of the previous responsders stated he'd never seen a bad Remington. I assure you, if he's telling the truth, which I have no doubt he is, he has just not seen a lot of them, because lemons are available in any brand, and recently Remington's quality control has slipped more than most.

As to caliber, I'd choose the .280 Remington or the 7mm rem. Mag. cartridge as first choice, followed by .30/'06 and .270 Win. The 7X57mm is also great, IF you are a handloader.