Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

remington model 7 now available with cdl stock , and in wsm cartridges

Old 02-26-2006, 11:03 PM
Typical Buck

Default remington model 7 now available with cdl stock , and in wsm cartridges

the remington model seven is now available with the cdl style stock , and is being chambered for the .270 and .300 wsm cartridges , as well as the rem short action ultra mag cartriges and the .350 rem. mag as well , and the .204 ruger. looks like thier beefing up thier lines and most likely getting ready to cut some older items out.

p.s. - anybody take notice how many new auto laoder shotguns thier introducing this year ??? it's a bunch
Old 02-27-2006, 01:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: remington model 7 now available with cdl stock , and in wsm cartridges

They were getting pretty stale in caliber selection..bout time they spruced the lines up. That model 7 is a sweet looker.
Old 02-28-2006, 11:58 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: remington model 7 now available with cdl stock , and in wsm cartridges

Are you trying to say that there are other calibers besides the 270??. What will they they think of next. I don't have a model Seven
Old 02-28-2006, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Oh crap...I bet that changes quickly...lol. Wouldnt Mrs. James B rather have a nice 260 cal Model 7 than that 10/22??
Old 03-02-2006, 05:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am afraid not.. Her heart is set on the 10/22. The model Seven might interest her in 223.
Old 03-03-2006, 07:52 PM

YEP this is the first rifle I am buying this year...

About 15 years ago I had a 25/06 Wby stolen and I replaced it with a Mdl. 7 Mountain Rifle in 7/08. After I busted a few deer with it I never really liked the 7/08 for power reasons (didn't kill like lightening but it's a good round!) and eventually I got rid of the rifle. That Mountain Rifle was a twin too these new Mdl. 7CDLs of today, low luster wood and metal, thinned barrel and stock, black caps etc... I really missed that rifle (it's the reason I REFUSE to get rid of a gun nowadays, I'm just working on filling up my 3rd safe now.) and I am really looking forward too the Model 7 CDL and of course mine will be in .300WSM. I think I will put a 3x10x42 Zeiss Conquest with mil-dots on it and more than likely that will be my primary big game rifle. Nothing fancy,no synthetics or plastitcs and nothing ugly. Just a good, quality piece that will be at home anywhere I take iton this continent.

LOL who am I kiddin? I will continue to grab a different rifle each day I hunt because I love em ALL. BUT I seriously plan on using this Mdl. 7 a tremendous amount (that is if it shoots as well as I think it should). It will be about the perfect size, weight, power andclassic looksIMHO.

CAN'T wait,
RA

ps
The only downside about the Rem will be as soon as it comes in I will be sending it off for trigger and safety work... such is life with Rems!!!
Old 03-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Now that 350 Rem Mag would be the one I’d be interested in....
Old 03-04-2006, 04:06 PM
Typical Buck

i don't remember the model seven mountain rifle , the only one i remember is the one that i've got , the model seven walnut , with the schnabel forend tip , and the pencil thin barrel , does anybody have any pics of what this model seven mountain rifle looks like ???