Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

tack drivers&one hole groups

Old 02-26-2006, 09:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: tack drivers&one hole groups

That's what I thought. I'm looking for a lady that wants to do dirty things to a very sophisticated man.[8D]
Old 02-27-2006, 03:36 PM

I tried to see if my pellet gun was a tack driver in the basement today. Well actually I used a screw I dunno where my dad's nails are. Anyways...it didn't work, just threw the screw at me really fast.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:26 PM

Guns can hit tacs at 100 yards quite regularly if you got the right combinations. Top grade barrel, trigger 2o/z, bedded, scopewith 1/4" dot and A/O my brother has a 223 Rem 700 action with a 26" Hart Premium stainless andit is a true constant -.250 gun and he can hit tacks with it.
I had a Rem 700 made up by Hart Barrels added, jewell, tubbs pin it will do it but its not fun to shoot 7mmwsm lots of recoil
If you want to see what a 1000yard gun can do take a look;
www.6mmbr.com/gunweek050.htmlthis group is amazing at 1000 yards

Old 02-28-2006, 07:35 AM
Typical Buck

The formula is easy for above average shooting.
A good trigger job , I like 3 1/2 -4lbs on a big game rifle and go to 2 1/2 -3 on a varmit rifle. Good confortable bench where one can sit naturally without having to be a contortionest to nestle into one's rifle. Good sandbags for front and rear of gunstock. Precision site in 100 yard targets , you know those diamonds so crosshairs can be held with the expectation to be in the same place for every shot. Good ammo loaded with a minimum variance in FPS.
At this point a little talent of the shooter's part helps. Gently apply pressure to trigger and don't forget the follow thru. Yes , there is a follow thru even in shooting a rifle.
I've got a few rifle that give one hole ragged groups when I do my part. Just ask George Gieges gunsmith at Dunkleburgers in Stroudsburg Pa. if Kevin has some one hole rifles. Other references on request if needed.
Old 02-28-2006, 09:41 AM
Fork Horn

I can see by these responses that you guys are really into reloading and grouping..come on over to the Groundhog match which is held at the Mifflin Co. sportsmens club located near Lewistown, PA..almost dead center in the state..this match has been put together by like minded individual just for the purposes you've been talking about..making rifles shoot as good as they can...this is a fun match and an awesome time..you'll see everything that is made on the planet and usually 75 or so guys show up..this is exactly what you've been looking for..you need not worry about sighting in before becasue we use sighter targets at each distance and then your shots for score...all of the shooters are shooter friendly and you see more and hear more in one day about long range shooting than in a life time.. first match is MARCH 18th at 9:00 am...it's not that far from you.. http://www.mifflncosportsmens.com Stop by..you'll love it !!
Old 02-28-2006, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

Would we get to shoot at Puxataney Phil. I have plenty of guns that group good enough from him.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:11 PM
Fork Horn

Damn little nazi ground hog always making the winters longer I got some good little 223 medicine for him.
Old 02-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

223?? The heck with that...use the 375 and really put him under hehehehe.

Old 02-28-2006, 03:22 PM
Fork Horn

It's funny to read all the arguments people have on a useless subject.
Old 03-01-2006, 08:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

First off, this is a stupid post.

Just so you know, "tack driver" is a figure of speech. Live with it.

Quick Reply: tack drivers&one hole groups

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.