Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

no more walmart guns

Old 02-23-2006, 05:09 PM

Default no more walmart guns

Spoke to a mananger at the walmart in virginia and he said that walmart will be phasing out gun sales over the next year, and some stores will stop selling them in the next month. I ask him why and he said that the main office deceided that they were not turning a proffit due to lawsuits and the hassel of training people to do gun sales. This will be a boost for your locale gundealer,as long as they don't turn it into a rape.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: no more walmart guns

IF this ever happened you could take it to the bank ol Mom n Pop would jack their prices up the same day.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:51 PM
Fork Horn

They already rape you. Most rifles you can save 100 bucks on by going to the bigger stores.But see I have reeds by my house and they will beat anyones price. It makes it cheap you just play gander and them and come out with a good deal always. everytime I go to wal-mart and ask to see guns I get carded it pisses me off.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:15 PM

interesting, indeed. last week, i spoke with a wal-mart manager and he advised me that eventually they will no longer have guns in stock at the store, instead the only way to buy a gun from them will be to special order it.
i bought a rifle recently from my dealer and it was cheaper to buy it from him than it was to special order it from wal-mart. you just have to look around to get the best deal.
wow, if that's true about wal-mart stoppinggun sales, the academy stores here in texas will always be sold out of rifles, it seems like they always are already.
don't panic, just because a manager said that, doesn't meanit will be anabsolute store policy yet--there aretons ofmanagers that probably have a diif. take on the subject. although i wiil saythe futuredoes not look good for wal-mart selling guns.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:03 PM

the manager I talked to said it came from the main hq. not just this store but all of them. some stores would quit sooner that others, I guess depending on how many sales each store had. the more they sold the longer they would keep guns till they ran out of stock at their wharehouses
Old 02-23-2006, 08:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

My local walmarts only had a couple guns in stock for months now and they dont seem to be getting any in anytime soon, I was curious as to why and this might be the answer....
Old 02-24-2006, 01:04 AM

DANG! The only reason I go to WalMart! I guess I'm done there.
Old 02-24-2006, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

That really sucks.... only thing I liked to see when I went in! [&o]
Old 02-24-2006, 06:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: bowmtn

Spoke to a mananger at the walmart in virginia and he said that walmart will be phasing out gun sales over the next year, and some stores will stop selling them in the next month. I ask him why and he said that the main office deceided that they were not turning a proffit due to lawsuits and the hassel of training people to do gun sales. This will be a boost for your locale gundealer,as long as they don't turn it into a rape.
K-Mart did the same damfool thing years ago after having some of the best sporting goods departments ever. And look what happened to them! They went bankrupt! Maybe no cause & effect relationship there, but it's possible....... Oh well, there's always Gandr Mountain, Cabela's, and Bass Pro Shops, where you can still get a good deal now & then.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's right.... Eldeguello said it all. K-Mart did that and they went down in flames. I hated K-Mart anyways, so I didn't particularly care, sorry to say.... [:'(]

I like Wal-Mart but never bought any guns or ammo from them. There is just something strange about buying a firearm in a "...Mart" type of store. I always go to gun stores and bigger sporting goods stores for guns, ammo, supplies, etc...

Quick Reply: no more walmart guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.