Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

no more walmart guns

Old 02-24-2006, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: no more walmart guns

Hey guys,

I actually think this is a great thing. Wal-Mart or Wal-Mart like stores will eventually mean the end to affordable higher end goods. As they drive more lower cost business away from the mom and pops, the mom and pops have to charge more for higher end goods that Wal-Mart doesn't carry. Also once Wal-Mart drives competators out of business they always raise their prices. I know because I design models for them that do that kind of stuff.

Also look at the recent bs about the morning after pill. You may not agree with the morning after pill but maybe one day Wal-Mart decides that the most powerful gun that should be in the woods is a .30-06. However they successfully ran all the gun shops in your area out of business.

After I read the article on the morning after pill I decided that I wouldn't step foot in another Wal-Mart. I also recently resigned from my job. It wasn't completely the reason why I did it but it was a factor in my decision. I can't support a company that is going to make us all the same, put small business owners out of business, create a ton of low paying jobs and smile about it all the way to the bank.

Tom
Old 02-24-2006, 07:52 AM
Giant Nontypical

Picked up a 20 for one of my boys last month at Wally World. I thought I got a very good price.

However, I went to pick it up and had to "schedule a pick up date/time" for a few days later. The only person working there with a gun card was a young manager and he's the only one who can transfer possesion of a firearm from them to their customer.

I was told that they sell 2 or 3 guns a day at that particular store. So when I went to pick it up there were 6 or 7 other guys there to pick their guns up. Good thing I was early because it was time consuming. After doing all the transfer paperwork, the gun has to be all packaged up in the box and sealed with tape. Then the manager has to walk the gun out of the front door where he hands it to you. Fun. I asked him why do they have to walk it out the door and he said store policy to transfer possesion outside their property. I asked isn't the parking lot your property too?

But I came thru the experience unscathed. My boys eyes were a great reward even if I had to wait hours.

His smile, although quite toothless at this time..............priceless.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've still got8 gun stores locally + Academy + Gander Mountain coming soon (or at least rumor has it) if Wal-Mart dries up. In fact, I've never bought a gun at the same store twice..........yet.
Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to say that I am shocked by this news about WalMart, but I have had a feeling for a while that this might happen. I have never bought a gun from WalMart anyway, so this has absolutely no effect on me. If they quit selling ammo though, now that is a horse of a different color. I spend several hundred dollars a year on ammo at WalMart alone. I do mail order most of my ammo, but when I get in a pinch, WalMart sure is handy. I am sure this news is probably correct, but I will believe it when I see it at my local store.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:48 PM
Fork Horn

Hey NT, where is Gander Mtn going in at? I haven't heard. Thanks Larry
Old 02-24-2006, 08:11 PM

First they stopped selling handguns. Now no more rifles. It's all politics. Plus I talked to a pwn shop who was pahing out guns. He said that insurance companies cahrge too much to underwrite insurance for a gun shop.
Anyway, I have never boought a gun from Wal MArt. I probaly never will. Thier ammo is too expensive too and they never seem to have a good selection.
Actually, I rarely ever go into Wally world. Maybe 2 times a year. I just choose to patronize local stores. And I don't like the fact that almost all of thier stock is made in china.
okcmco
Old 02-24-2006, 08:19 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: llbts1

Hey NT, where is Gander Mtn going in at? I haven't heard. Thanks Larry
I had heard we were getting one at Lubbock. They already have one in Amarillo. Don't know if there is any truth to it or not, but I certainly hope so.......or not...............so............not.............so ?!?! Not sure which one to hope for. I would love to have one here, but I'd probably wind up with my paychecks on direct deposit to them.[]
Old 02-24-2006, 08:46 PM

I dont buy guns from them anyway, if they consider those people behind the counter as trained,they dropped the ball! At my local walmart the associates in sporting goods are lost as a whore in church, can't tell you nothing about nothing. Iguess they are getting ready for our politicly correct Democrates to go back in the white house and take away our guns and rights. Can't wait to have Hillary, Kennedy and Finestine, trying to casterate the constitution again!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:13 PM

I know in Canada if you have a gun shop Or sporting shop you have to buy your guns from a distributor, not direct from Remington or Winchester Browning.savage etc. I am sure walmart never went through the distributors they have huge buying power,they would have bought direct,thus the smaller shops must pay higher prices, from jobbers & distributors. and markups are passed to us.
Walmart probably makes 20% profit on guns and 140% profit on all stuff from China

Old 02-25-2006, 03:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bowmtn

Spoke to a mananger at the walmart in virginia and he said that walmart will be phasing out gun sales over the next year, and some stores will stop selling them in the next month. I ask him why and he said that the main office deceided that they were not turning a proffit due to lawsuits and the hassel of training people to do gun sales. This will be a boost for your locale gundealer,as long as they don't turn it into a rape.
maybe at your walmart..... my wife was a sporting goods manager for walmart here in town when we first moved out here 2 years ago. I remember her bringing stuff home and workin on it, one day she had some stuff to figure out what was selling the best in the sporting goods dept. had graphs and percentage figures of what sold the best and howmuch money the dept was makin compared to the rest of the store. anyway the graph showed that sporting goods made up 30% of all sales for the whole store and that ammunition sales made up 35% of sales in the sporting goods dept and firearm sales made up 20%, firearm and ammo sales made up 55% of the sporting goods dept. overall sales. with a bit of a background in sales/marketing, I think walmart would be throwing away alot of money if they stopped selling guns. besides there really aint much training involved in showing someone how to fill out a 4473 form and calling for a background check anyone with half a brain could do that..... also gun lawsuits in noway effect walmart......I really doubt walmart will stop selling guns anytime soon, except maybe in high crime areas like detroit or new york etc.

Quick Reply: no more walmart guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.