Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning BPS 10 Ga.

Old 02-19-2006, 09:29 AM

Default Browning BPS 10 Ga.

I baught a Browning BPS 10 Ga. cheap. I was wondering how I can put a sling on the shotgun.

thanks

Old 02-19-2006, 11:35 AM

Default RE: Browning BPS 10 Ga.

whelen, It all depends on how much you feel like drilling?...lol... Anyways, you can purchase conversion kits that have a magazine cap already pre drilled and tapped with sling swivels already installed( all you have to do is just take off your magazine cap and screw the new one on) They do make these for the browning bps. This kit will run you between $25-$30. However, if you feel like doing the drilling yourself, you can purchase kits with just the screws and sling stud hardware for about $7-$12 (I have seen these on occasion at walmart) But again you would have to do the drilling yourself. (This means you will have to drill and tap yourmagazine cap and the underside of your stock) I personally don't like drilling anything (especially my stock) I like to keep everything asoriginal as I can (no extra holes that weren't there originally) I have seen guns with a kit for this also. (It looks like a configuration of a velcro strap that wraps around the end of your buttstock and the sling is attached to that.) I have never seen these in stores before. So a couple buddies and I have invented making our own. We use a stout, thick leather strap and secure it to the buttstock and then attach the sling to it.

Im sure that there are other ways to install slings for your guns, but these are the methods that I have seen and are familiar with. Good luck installing your sling. I hope that this helps a little bit.