Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Copper fouling

Old 02-14-2006, 11:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Copper fouling

I recently picked up a Rem. 722 in .244 Rem. It has pretty heavy copper fouling. What do you all feel is the best for removing it? I'm currently using Butchs' Bore Shine, and although it seems to be working, it's going slowly. Any advice from out there? Thanks--------
Old 02-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Copper fouling

You'll probably need a dedicated copper solvent. Wipeout, Barnes CR-10, Sweetsand Montana Extreme 50BMG all seem to work pretty well. You might even consider a scrubbing with some JB's Bore Paste. But be patient, if it's heavily copper fouled it will take some time to get it all out.
Old 02-14-2006, 06:18 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: Copper fouling

Well, there's a few tools out there for ya. One is the Outers foul out. Its ok. Second is Wipe Out. I really like it. You spray it in and let it sit overnight. Do this for two nights and it will get out the toughest stuff. Or get to work with your ammonia based copper cutter like you have been doing. For what you got, get some JB's. I like the polishing stuff. Not as abrasive. As solitary said, it will work wonders.