Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

put william's fiber optic sights on, great!

Old 02-10-2006, 09:27 PM

Default put william's fiber optic sights on, great!

like I said, I put a set of williams fiber optic sights on a marlin 30-30 last night and sighted it in at the range during lunch from work today. Man, these things are great.

They are so easy to see. I didn't want a scope on this rifle but did want some decent open sights that I could easily and quickly see at a moments notice. I use this gun in thicker brush and wanted open sights and not a scope and am very happy with these sights.

It only took a dozen shots to get it sighted in dead on. I put thread locker on all the screws and it seems to be very solid. So if they stay put and stay solid I will be very happy.

I reconmend these sights to any one wanting to keep open sights, not everything needs a scope on it,though most people Italk totry to convince me other wise.

thanks all
Old 02-14-2006, 04:03 PM

Default RE: put william's fiber optic sights on, great!

I have also installed a williams fiber optic front sight on my Marlin 1895, I have a Williams peep sight on it too. This combo. is very fast and does fair at medium range 100-150 yards, although the front sight covers a lot of target from 100 yds on. This is really a short to medium range gun anyway. It is possible to change to my Marbles 1/16 ivory bead front sight and shoot 1-11/2 groups at 100 yds, although I let a deer get away last year . He was running in a field of sage and I never found that tiny white bead, thats when I ordered the fiber optic. That want happen again!