Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

i need your guys help

Old 02-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Fork Horn

Default i need your guys help

i was really wanting to know the value of a gun i have... its in decent shape.....it is a ITHICA M-49 .22 cal MAGNUM RIM FIRE ONLY LEVER ACTION SINGLE SHOT.... i was wanting to know if you guys could find me any information on this gun or value or the ithaca website ..i've tried but cant find any....thx guys
Old 02-08-2006, 10:19 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: i need your guys help

Ithaca Gun Co. Closes
Ithaca Gun Company has been struggling for years and apparently they are throwing in the towel. From the Ithaca Journal:

[blockquote]
AUBURN -- Mired in debt and struggling to compete, the Ithaca Gun Co. has ended production after more than a century in business.

"We're just tapped out, we can't do it any longer," Andrew Sciarabba, one of seven investors who own Ithaca Gun Co., told The Post-Standard of Syracuse.
Closure of the company, which had 26 employees, comes less than a year after it received $150,000 from Cayuga County for operating expenses. Ithaca Gun had missed its May and June payments on the loan, for which it had put up its equipment as collateral.
The company reportedly had recently completed a move from King Ferry to Auburn.
Sciarabba, whose group acquired the company out of bankruptcy in the mid-1990s, said Ithaca Gun was several hundred thousand dollars in debt.
Sciarabba said the company also owed several years worth of back excise taxes to the federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms.
The gun company, which had operated on a 2-acre site on Ithaca's Lake Street continuously since 1880 manufacturing shotguns, went bankrupt in the 1980s and was bought by new owners in 1989 and relocated to King Ferry.
[/blockquote]
Old 02-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Fork Horn

The Blue Book Of Gun Values lists a standard grade Model 49 in 95% condition at approximately $130. This takes into account the Mag Cal which adds 15%. A gun in 100% condition (which most are not unless they are unfired and unblemished) would be worth approximately $170. So you can get an idea from these numbers where your gun fits in. If it is a Deluxe Model 49 you can add 20% to the above. If it has a gold plated trigger, hammer, engraved receiver, and fancy walnut you have a Model 49 Presentation and it is worth more. Email me if you have this model and I will give you the prices.
Old 02-08-2006, 11:22 AM

Supposedly, Ithaca will be re-opening very soon. They will now be based in Ohio. Not sure of any other details.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:14 PM
Fork Horn

in ohio,,, thatd be nice