Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Favorite Scope Rings

Old 02-01-2006, 08:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Favorite Scope Rings

90% of my gun's have Weaver,the rest have Leupold...
Old 02-01-2006, 05:14 PM

weaver then leupold weavers new steel rings are nice ive got a few rifles with them on.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:22 PM

How would you compare the Talley rings to the Conetrol rings?

www.talleyscoperings.comwww.conetrol.com
Old 02-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

I’ve never used Talley rings so I can’t comment on them but the Conetrol rings are unique in that they don’t have any visible screws. I’m not sure how the Conetrol rings stand up for strength on heavy recoil rifles but have worked well for my 7mm-08 and have complemented the look of my Sako Rifle and have lowered my scope compared to the Optilock system. I personally don’t care for the design of the Talley rings. They may be strong rings and all, but I just don’t like that particular design...
Old 02-02-2006, 08:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

Waywardhunter, the Talley and Conetrols are totally different concepts. You've got the links to the two sites, so you can obviously see that. I've got Conetrols on a Sako 75 7mm mag and Talleys on a pre '64 Model 70 .30-06. I've been totally pleased with both brands. I slightly prefer the Conetrols just because I think they look better. There's justa band of steel around the scope with no obvious screws except for one on each side of the base. The only drawback to the Conetrols is that they are more difficult to work with when mounting your scope in them. However, once you get it mounted, it's a rock solid setup. I think these hold a scope tighter than any ring I've ever used.The Talleys are a little easier to work with and they too are a very solid system. You wouldn't go wrong with either brand.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold Dual Dovetails!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:58 PM

This is nonsense....the Burris Signature rings are the best rings money can buy. The teflon or whatever inserts grip like crazy and will not damage your $1500 scope. Other than my Sakos, this is the only ring I use period. Just about everyone in this county uses them and there aren't any complaints that I've heard of....simply sensational. Regards, Rick.
Old 02-02-2006, 08:10 PM

I don't see many custom gun makers using Conetrols. I do see them using Talley's .. guys like Kenny Jarrett, Dave Tooley. The Burris Rings will slip with the big kickers. The dual dovetails are good rings but for the money the one piece talleys are better and cheaper. See the field and stream magazine Feb 2006 issue pg 29
Old 02-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: waywardhunter

I don't see many custom gun makers using Conetrols. I do see them using Talley's .. guys like Kenny Jarrett, Dave Tooley. The Burris Rings will slip with the big kickers. The dual dovetails are good rings but for the money the one piece talleys are better and cheaper. See the field and stream magazine Feb 2006 issue pg 29
Amazing point... Don't forget Cooper Arms... This is why I will try the Talley's on my new Kimber Longmaster Classic! I mean these guys should know more about guns then I ever will!!!!
Old 02-02-2006, 09:18 PM

Kenny Jarrett's rifles sell for thousands.. he doesnt skimp.. will only use talleys.. i once saw one of his rifles.. very nice.

http://www.jarrettrifles.com/scopes-mounts.aspx

Quick Reply: Favorite Scope Rings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.