Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Favorite Scope Rings

Old 01-31-2006, 06:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Favorite Scope Rings

I think it was Bigbulls that mentioned them in an earlier thread, but you might look into a set of Warne rings.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:57 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yep, Warne, IMO, are much better than any of the Leupold style rings and are a heck of a lot stronger to boot.

Solid steel and are of a Weaver design so they are incredibly strong and 99% of the time will line up almost dead center in a bore sighter.

If you can afford Talley then they are about the best for a sporting rifle application. All of their rings are number matched from the factory thus assuring you of a perfect fit every time.

If you can't afford Talley then Warne is the next best option.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:17 PM

Talley is all I've been using as of late.
Gary and everyone there are simply wonderful people to do business with.
Absolutely no problems to date and they've been on some rifles chambered for some fairly salty cartridges.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Another vote for the Conetrol system. A little tricky setting up but look real spiffy...
Old 01-31-2006, 07:46 PM
Fork Horn

Just bought two new scopes and was looking at the talley one piece alum. scope mounts, they look pretty good and pricing is right in there with ruger and leupold mounts. Think I might try them out.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:04 PM

I agree withthe Talley system. Mr. Talley is a great person to deal with btw, he is VERY concerned about quality and reputation. Even at full retail the steel 2piece setup is only $100-$125 or so. Is that really THAT much for THE most crucial link between you and the game animal? And besides that, they will last you a lifetime. You may change scopes and have the gun worked on but you will NEVER have to worry about the Talley steel system.

I have used the alloy 2 pieces for over 2 years now and they are GREAT. I wouldn't worry about them on larger calibers. I have them on several of my guns. I doubt any big game caliber would shell them, they are T7000 grade aircraft aluminum with VERY heavy, coarse threads holding the rings together. I have sold HUNDREDS of pairs of them too my customers and not one single failure has occured.

My third pick is the Opti-Locks on my Sako. I replaced them in 04 after a trip from WYO. The Burris rear windage screws could be turned by hand! I bit the bullet and immediately put the OLs on. I wish they were available for other makes of rifles!

I also have a couple of guns with Leupold dual dovetails. They are MANY times better than the standard turn in front/screw down rear. But they don't have as much surface area as any of the above rings.

Just my picks,
RA

ps
Oh yeah, I have Warnes on two of my rifles. One a quick detach setup on a muzzleloader and a permanent rig on my 700 Custom Shop. They are basically copies of the Talleys and I have NEVER had the first minutes problem with either. You just don't see them in many gunshops.
Old 01-31-2006, 08:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had goodluck with Millet rings and Leupold Rings and A.R.M.S rings. I really can't say as I have a favorite, as I've never had a problem with anything I've used except for the cheap Tasco rings on a 10/22 once.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Leupold Dual Dovetail, and Quick Release. Good luck.
Old 02-01-2006, 12:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Leupold DD have proved reliablefor me, however accessibility has been the main reason I have largely stuck with the Leupolds. I did howeverp/u a set of Warne QR's formy inline ML, based on a recommendation from this site's BP Forum and the fact I had some weaver style 2 piece bases just laying around it made sense. I like them, work asmentioned and no problems.

Did notlike the Burris rings. Have experienceda few problems with weavers. Never recommend any see thru type ring.

So based on my experience with rings(which isn't as vast as some) Leupold DD's or Warne have served me well and would recommend.

Good Luck
Old 02-01-2006, 07:32 AM

Weaver grandslam. They fixed all the problems with the original weaver bases and rings by making the bases steel and getting rid of the hook and stirrup rings. The rings are all steel also.

Quick Reply: Favorite Scope Rings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.