Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Onondaga county NY CCW Permit

Old 02-04-2006, 09:56 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Onondaga county NY CCW Permit

ORIGINAL: mrbuster
IM in Ulster County. I've had my "permit" for about 15 years. I have no restrictions. I carry 90% of the time. My son lives in Saratoga County. He tells me it's difficult to get a "full carry permit" there as well.
If the pistol license laws are ever changed in NY, one of trhe most needed reforms would be to remove the discretionary power from the county judges! The way it is now, you are at their mercy! There are some counties in which you can't get a license at all unless you are one of the judge's buddies. And some of these counties are very rural areas with no big cities in which pistols are even a conceivable problem.....
Old 02-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks everyone for your replies. Unfortunitly fir me I got the judge that will NOT give CCW's at all for any reason. I was told that he won't even give them to police officers and tell them to carry on their badge. Just my kinda luck. My buddy got a different judge and now has a CCW.
Old 02-06-2006, 11:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: SPIKEHORN11

Thanks everyone for your replies. Unfortunitly fir me I got the judge that will NOT give CCW's at all for any reason. I was told that he won't even give them to police officers and tell them to carry on their badge. Just my kinda luck. My buddy got a different judge and now has a CCW.
IMO, this kind of stuff consitutes denial of equal protection of the law, pure and simple! Obviously, blatantly, unconstitutional!!