Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Wish List

Old 01-27-2006, 09:05 AM

Default RE: Wish List

How about manufacturers start putting iron sights back on their rifles? Sounds like a plan to me.

Also, I could see a 50 caliber hunting round being developed. I would like to see a sporterized semi auto 50 (not the BMG, but a new round) something like a beefed up 45-70. A large, heavy, medium speed slug with incredible penetration and shock power. Who needs expansion when the hole starts out at half an inch?
Old 01-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

[quote]ORIGINAL: TomFromTheShade

How about manufacturers start putting iron sights back on their rifles? Sounds like a plan to me.

No not that I hate putting those little screws in the empty holes on the barrel. I cant wait to get those brush grabbers off the front of the gun.

Maybe make a model with and one without so we'd both be happy.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:10 AM

1. Bent bolt mausers. 2. Take the old mauser cartridges (6.5swede and 7 in particular) rename them something like 6.5HP and camber guns in them...and then provide ammunition that isn't anemic for fear of older guns. 3. More carbines.

and last but not least....

4. BRING BACK THE ROTARY LEVER ACTION!!!!
Old 01-27-2006, 10:15 AM
DM

something like a beefed up 45-70. A large, heavy, medium speed slug with incredible penetration and shock power. Who needs expansion when the hole starts out at half an inch?
Most of us already have one! It's called a "shotgun and slugs!!"

Not that i like shotgun slugs, but your wish is already here...

Drilling Man
Old 01-27-2006, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to see Rugers come with better triggers! I don't know if I will buy another one given that I had to drop $150 on a new trigger.

I would also like to see rifles that are assembled on site with varying stock designs and lengths so that you can buy factory guns with custom fit or pretty close to it with minimal cost.

Tom
Old 01-27-2006, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

150--wow. They gunsmith around me will do a Mark II trigger for about 50 bucks and thats filing/honing it down to 3lbs. Ive seen new adjustable triggers for about 75$ for the M 77s in alot of places online though.
Old 01-27-2006, 02:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had a timney trigger put in not an adjustment to the existing trigger.

Tom
Old 01-27-2006, 08:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'd love to see someone offer a 6.5-284 in a 26" barrel rifle.
Old 01-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Fork Horn

i want a 200 grain bullet for my 300 Ultra Mag.
Old 01-27-2006, 10:04 PM
Boone & Crockett

DK, Federal already loads a 200 grain Nosler partition for the 300 ultra.

Another thing in the gun finish department I'd like to see would be guns with matte black/ blue receivers and matte stainless barrels. Particularly in the heavier barrelled rifles.

How about more rifles with some class. Such as ebony, or at least black, forend tips and grip caps, real cut checkering and steel bottom metal. Basically guns that not only function good but look good also. I mean how many more rifles can we stand that are black metal with a black plastic stock???????[&:] Remington is on the right track with the CDL. That gun actually looks good.

Oh, and this is just a little pet peeve of mine. For all the so called custom gun makers out there. Unless you are making guns from scrach and making it entirely to the customers specifications and measurements you are NOT a custom gun maker. I don't care how well your guns shoot and how good you think they look they are not custom. Semi custom.......... maybe.

Quick Reply: Wish List

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.