Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

7mm

Old 01-27-2006, 11:15 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: 7mm

awesome...thanks guys
Old 02-07-2006, 03:35 AM

I also own both the Rem 7oo in 7 Mil Mag and a Rem Mod 7 in 7MM-08. The 7 Min Mag will destroyboth front sholders of a deer if a large bone is hit, but You will not need to track it. The 7MM-08 does way less damage and You still do not need to track. The bullet of the 7-08 is moving a little slower but the deer will never know it. The 7-08 is mutch easier to master than the 7Magnum and mutch more fun to shoot. After Years of using the 7Magnum I now reach for the little 7-08 every time. It is a pleasure to shoot and cary. 7MM-08 all the way !!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-07-2006, 06:59 AM

You might want to check out this article:

[link]http://www.chuckhawks.com/ideal_deer_cartridges.htm[/link]

If you are just hunting whitetail, the 7mm-08 would be the better of your two choices. It also depends on what type of terrain you will be hunting. There are some other very informative articles on the above site. You can like to the home page here:

[link]http://www.chuckhawks.com/index2.guns.htm[/link]

Good luck with your choice!

Fat-Arrow
Old 02-07-2006, 08:01 PM

Go witht he 7mm mag. i have one and they will will out perform almost every other cartridge when you look at the aspect compared tot he aspects of the others. it has great speed a wonderful diameter bullet for mid-large game, and witht his combination you have jus and outstanding amount of energy to drop the gae on the ground. If you get one and its lined well dont ever wory about any animal gettin away.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:59 PM

I'm 14 around 100 lbs and for my first rifle got a Savage 1107mm Rem Mag, and the kick isn't as bad as people say. I wanted a gun that I canuse for just about everything and I'm pleased with it. It's very accurate, and although it kicks a bit, if you put a Limbsaver recoil pad on it, it doesn't kick hard at all.