Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

USA made rifles

Old 01-21-2006, 09:08 AM

Default USA made rifles

The Winchester news got me thinking about selling mine, which gets me thinking about what to buy next. I want to support US makers whenever I can, provided they also will support me by making competitively priced quality rifles.

I have been searching the net trying to figure out who is US made. It is harder than I thought it would be. I even searched this forum for "US made" and found little discussion.

Can anyone list the US made guns in the .270 to.300 class?

Remington
Winchester
Kimber
Browning (?)
Ruger
Savage
CZ Usa (?)

???
Old 01-21-2006, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: USA made rifles

Ever heard of Remington RiflesBW
Old 01-21-2006, 10:36 AM

Yes, I ve heard of all the ones on my list. I was hoping to find out if I had a complete list, and to know where the ones I put question marks byare made.

Thanks
Old 01-21-2006, 10:51 AM
Typical Buck

Kimber Rifles are 100% American Made in their Yonkers, NY factory... At least it says so on their web site... CZ has an american factory in Kansas City, but I don't know if it is just assembly. I am not sure about the rest... But definately just don't assume that an american company actually uses 100% American parts... This is a good post.
Old 01-21-2006, 11:46 AM
Boone & Crockett

I salute you sir for wanting to buy American made products. I don't know which companies might have over seas connections but I buy Mostly Remington, Savage and Ruger. The exception would be that I have quite a few Mausers and other surplus rifles. Browning is not American owned and I think most are not made in America. However this is not something I know a lot about. BC and RA probably know.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:22 PM

Here's one answer I got for myself - from Browning's FAQ's . .

Q.
Where are Browning firearms manufactured?

A.
Browning firearms have been traditionally made in locations world-wide. John M. Browning's first rifle, the Single Shot, was made in Ogden, Utah. The next guns carrying the Browning name were made in Belgium. This continued for many decades. This was the result of John M. Browning's lasting relationship with Fabrique Nationale, in Herstal, Belgium. Most Browning guns were made in Belgium by F.N. until the mid '70s when some production was shifted to Miroku in Japan. Today's Browning firearms are made in either Belgium, Portugal, Japan or in the United States. With some exceptions this is the breakout:

[hr]

Browning Firearm Manufacturers

Belgium
Superposed

Belgium (assembled in Portugal)
Gold 12 and 20 ga. shotguns, Hi-Power Pistol, FN Pistols, BAR Mark II Safari Rifle, and BPR Pump Rifle

Italy
The BDA 380 Autoloading pistol
Japan
Citori, Model 81, Light Weight and Lightning BLR, A-Bolt II, 1885, Auto-5, Recoiless, B-SS, BT-100, BT-99, BL-22 Rifle, Auto-22 Rifle, A-Bolt Shotgun, BPS (all), A-500 G & R, and Gold 10 ga., All single barrel trap guns

United States
Buck Mark Pistols and rifles, Pro-9, Pro-40 and the BDM Pistols

[hr]

The tradition of making Browning sporting firearms overseas was started with John M. Browning's Auto-5 semi-automatic shotgun design being produced by Fabrique Nationale in Belgium. Production on many of the models made in Belgium shifted to Miroku in Japan in the mid-70's due to significant cost increases in Belgium.

We at Browning consider ourselves an worldwide company. We are proud of our tradition of producing the world's best firearms at the worlds best factories -- where ever they be.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:51 PM

Got another answer . . .

CZ products are imported exclusively by CZ-USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company, Ceska Zbrojovka a.s. Uhersky Brod, (CZUB) of the Czech Republic.

In 1997 CZUB recognized the need to control its own destiny in a market as big as the US. Initially based in Oakhurst California, the CZ-USA headquarters and warehouse facility was moved to Kansas City in January of 1998.

All distribution, warranty work and repair work is located in the Kansas City KS. Location, along with a well stocked parts department.
Old 01-21-2006, 12:57 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: jones123

Got another answer . . .

CZ products are imported exclusively by CZ-USA, a wholly owned subsidiary of the parent company, Ceska Zbrojovka a.s. Uhersky Brod, (CZUB) of the Czech Republic.

In 1997 CZUB recognized the need to control its own destiny in a market as big as the US. Initially based in Oakhurst California, the CZ-USA headquarters and warehouse facility was moved to Kansas City in January of 1998.

All distribution, warranty work and repair work is located in the Kansas City KS. Location, along with a well stocked parts department.
That is kind of ***** that they stamp some of their guns with Kansas City, Kansas... They really shouldn't do that if they are just distributing... Kind of false advertising... Having said that I do like the cz's...
Old 01-21-2006, 01:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

The CZ model 3was made in the U.S. It was recently discontinued.
Old 01-21-2006, 01:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL Yep sounds like false advertising to me as well. Sort of like when I emailed Burris about their Made in USA claims and got a response that wasnt fit for cable tv.

Quick Reply: USA made rifles

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.