Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Talley alloy one piece rings/base

Old 01-03-2006, 12:36 PM
bigcountry

Default Talley alloy one piece rings/base

I am not impressed easily. But I have to say these new machined alloy one piece rings/base are impressive from Talley. One it was a perfect fit, and two no need to lap rings. Three, seems very strong and easy to for anyone to install.

Just put a set on my encore. I picked them because its a 204 with little recoil. I would put the steel big brothers on if it was a magnum.

Old 01-03-2006, 03:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Talley alloy one piece rings/base

8/22/2005....Jcchartboy said:

...I have the Talley QD rings with Screw Lock......they are even better than I could have expected. I have not found one person who was not happy with purchasing Talley rings.
Bigcountry.....Good to see yet another happy customer...Best of luck with them.

Old 01-03-2006, 11:11 PM

Bigcountry,thanks for the info. I was wondering about these and now i know! Next set of rings and mounts will be them. vangunsmith
Old 01-04-2006, 07:34 AM
bigcountry

Hey Van, good to see ya. Ireply to your emails all the time, but not sure if you get them.

For thosedoing this on an Encore, I found the mediums are a tad high for a 40mms leupold but perfect because you don't need a hammer extention. The mediums will easily accomidate a 50mm objective. You could get away with lows for the 40mm but then would have trouble cocking

Old 01-04-2006, 07:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

I've been a Leupold/Redfield advocate all my life, but now you're gonna make me look at something new--- nothing wrong with that. Do they have a website with info?
Old 01-04-2006, 08:09 AM
bigcountry

Yea do a search on talley rings. Keep in mind this is not steel but alloy. I still am not comfortable with using these rings on big boomers. I had enough of a hard time keeping my scope in the right place with Leupold steel std rings. I had to lap them to get the scope to stay put on my 300RUM. But this is on a little 204. Perfect.