Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

which gun for my son

Old 12-30-2005, 09:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: which gun for my son

ORIGINAL: ChazyKEJ

Well that's a lot easier decision. Have him shoot your 20 gauge and see how well he can handle it . If he can, get the twenty. If its too big or kicks too much, get him the .410. If he doesn't want a .410, tell him to wait and save more $. Of course the 20 gauge is more practical to own, but is it the most practical for him? Worst case with the 20 is he will grow into it, and you can use it yourself in the meantime. In NY he still has 7 years before he can hunt deer with a gun (wink, wink). I like the idea of a pump gun for deer hunting, even if it's used.

KEJ

Thanks guys. I`m taking him out in the mourning to shoot my wife`s 20ga. Yes KEJ your right he does have to wait till he`s 16 to hunt big game with a gun in NY but only needs to be 12 to hunt small game. I just figure if he starts shooting now and hunts small game he`ll be ready for deer when he turns 16.