Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Walmart guns

Old 12-29-2005, 12:22 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Walmart guns

ORIGINAL: stretchhunts

Umm I buy guns from Wally world. Not only do i get there low prices I also get 10% off b/c my wife works there.[:'(]

ATTA BOY, Stretch!Tell them partner!
Old 12-29-2005, 12:39 PM

Would really be nice if someone opened a gun shop around here that stocked something besides Remingtons. This is the US of A, dammit, as a tax paying citizen of said country I expect a nice selection of firearms to choose from. Ya know, a few Rugers, some Winchesters, a Savage or 2, and maybe even a Browning.
Old 12-29-2005, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

Same gun different price. I have bought guns from Wal-mart and have taken them to a gunsmith and they can't tell the difference because there is no difference.

In fact, one of the guns i ordered came from Savage but was delivered to wal-mart. Same box that was at the gun store.
Old 12-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Only prob I can see with Wally World would be not knowing exactly what you wanrted and having to ask a clerk for help[X(]
Old 12-29-2005, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would like to go to one of these gun shops you guys goto and the person behind the counter knows so much. I goto shops in Hancock MD and Martinsburg Wv. (Hendershots and SParks) Ive never talked to anyone at either store that knows that much. They help a little but never sway whatmy decision.The gunsmiths usually pretty knowledgable but thats about it from my experience.

I bought my latest gun at Bass Pro in Harrisburg PA. When I went up to the gun counter the guy asked if he could help me and I told him I wanted a 243wssm, I wanted to know how much the Medallion was for this caliber and he asked me "What is a Medallion is that a gun maker." I about flipped my wig and told him I'll be back later for help.

I do all my own research and goto whatever shop to fondle the gun then see where I could get it the cheapest. Ive never bought a gun at walmart but would if it was cheaper. What kind of service do you need after you buy a gun, if there is a prob Im sure theyd take care of it and I've yet to buy a gun that needs service.
A 700BDL is a 700BDL wherever.

Old 12-29-2005, 07:28 PM

First off I do my grocery shopping at walmart so dont jump all over me.I guess I have been very fortunate to have lived where there are good gun shops.I would not buy a gun at walmart.I have always been afraid that if too many people buy their guns there it would drive the gun shops(independent) out of business.If the gun stores go out of business I cant buy any handguns,self-defense ammo, or any of the other things that walmart does not carry.I like the fact I can go to a gun store and browse many different types of weapons.I am not rich by any means I just like to support the little guy as well.As for saving money I would rather save a little bit longer than save $20.
Just my opinion no offense meant to any.
Nathan
Old 12-29-2005, 07:33 PM

ORIGINAL: eldeguello

I don't buy guns from Walmart because they don't have anything I want! I generally buy from online auction sites or dealers' used gun racks, because the best guns available today are the ones made in the 1960's or earlier that have been discontinued due to production costs! Pre-64 Winchesters, old F.N. Brownings, Mannlicher-Schoenauers, M99 Savages, 4-screw S&W's, J.P. Sauer & other German shotguns & double rifles, etc., etc.!!
Yup. Many of the best guns have already been made, and are sitting on somebody's used gun rack, waiting for me to find them.
Old 12-29-2005, 09:35 PM

A lot of people don't realize it, but Wal-mart also can special order guns. They sell Browning, Weatherby, and some other high dollar brands. You just have to ask for the special order book.
Old 12-30-2005, 07:45 AM
Typical Buck

i think that is a very good way to look at it. If the difference in the gun was $20 i would buy it at the gun shop over wal-mart. However, i have seen $100 difference on the same gun. I think that's a little out of whack. I want the small business owner to make money but c'mon. Lets get competitive. for $100 i can buy alot of ammo to practice with.
Old 12-30-2005, 09:11 AM

I'm just happy to see that I'm not the only one that shops at Wally World and admits to it (for guns ammo or otherwise). In my neck of the woods Wal-Mart is considered Satans spawn.

Quick Reply: Walmart guns

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.