Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

PROBLEM WITH NEW SAVAGE..

Old 12-27-2005, 04:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default PROBLEM WITH NEW SAVAGE..

I JUST GOT A SAVAGE MODEL 12 STAINLESS 308.I HAVENT SHOT IT YET BUT FILLED THE CLIP WITH SHELLS A COUPLE OF AND SOMETIMES WHEN I HAVE ONE IN THE CHAMBER AND AND I LIFT UP AND BACK ON THE BOLT TO PULL THE SHELL OUT IT WOLN'T GRAB IT. WHATS WRONG WITH IT??? HAS ANY ONE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM. ANY ADVICE WOULD BE WONDERFULL. I DONT LIKE BUYING A NEW GUN AND IT ALREADY F*CKIN UP.
Old 12-27-2005, 04:19 PM
bigcountry

Default RE: PROBLEM WITH NEW SAVAGE..

I would first fire it and see if it does it. Not totally uncommon, with extractors like remington. But not so sure about the extractor on a savage.

Old 12-27-2005, 06:50 PM
Boone & Crockett

The extractors on the Savage are just like the Winchester push feed bolts. It's on the end of the right bolt lug.

The extractor should move left and right with a fair amount of pressure. If it does not it may not be popping over the rim of the cartridge like it should or it may be stuck so that it isn't even grabbing the rim at all. There is a spring and plunger under the extractor that push into a divit on the bottom side of the extractor. Make sure that they are both present and are where they are suppose to be and are not sticking.

Just like all production guns a little flaw may slip by every now and then.
Old 12-27-2005, 07:51 PM
Typical Buck

DO SAVAGES HAVE A WARENTY ON THEM AT ALL? I CHECKED THE EXTRACTER, AND BOTH THE PLUNGER AND THE SIDE SPRING MOVE AND ARE NOT STICKIN SO I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.. IM AM SO TICKED WITH THE GUN SO FAR AND I HAVNT EVEN HAD IT OUT YET TO SHOOT.THIS WEEKEND WILL BE ITS FIRST TIME AT THE RANGE

Old 12-28-2005, 01:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I cant imagine they wouldnt have a warranty. Im sure they will make it good for you if there is a prob. Be thankful you arent tlaking about having probs with a new Remington...they would be lining up on here to talk junk about it.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Be thankful you arent tlaking about having probs with a new Remington...they would be lining up on here to talk junk about it.
You remington people sure are awfully sensitive!

Tom
Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope just realistic.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

Be thankful you arent tlaking about having probs with a new Remington...they would be lining up on here to talk junk about it.
you see, you actually have to HAVE problems with something for someone to talk about it. Remington's HAVE problems......Savages just shoot real well. Obviously this guy is an employee for Remington and he's just trying to wreck Savages name!!
Old 12-28-2005, 01:44 PM
Typical Buck

i HATE REMINGTONs. hows that..lol.[8D] j/k(no hard feelings)i just didnt know if i should send in the bolt to savage and have them fix it or what.. thnks jeff
Old 12-28-2005, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Try contacting Savage and asking. I am sure their customer service department would be glad to help you.

Quick Reply: PROBLEM WITH NEW SAVAGE..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.