Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

PROBLEM WITH NEW SAVAGE..

Old 12-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PROBLEM WITH NEW SAVAGE..

UH Oh now ya went and done it!! LOL BC gonna hunt ya down and be all over ya
Old 12-29-2005, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Doe Dumper

UH Oh now ya went and done it!! LOL BC gonna hunt ya down and be all over ya
that big corn fed kentucky hillbilly knows where I live tell him to bring it........plus he's "on the payroll too"
Old 01-03-2006, 01:08 PM
Typical Buck

well i think i finally found out whats wrong. and no thanks to the service department. i guess the ammo i bought for it which was surpluss ammo had some shells that were too fat which made the bullet stick in the chamber and this is why some would eject and some would not.

now back to the service department. not to get onmy soap box or anything,but i feel they need to get more service techs, and ones that can speak english and know what a gun is. i was on the phone waiting for an hour(nojoke)before i got some girl i could not understandwho didnt know a thing about guns answer and ask what she can do for me, after about a 10 minute convo/ of what was wrong, she said hold on let me ask someone else i dont know what would be wrong. finally i got an answer that "the extractor might be bad or something". i started laughing and repeated what she had said. "somthing"? hmm i could have told you that. any ways she finally aggreed to send me a new extractor for it to see if that would work. so i am getting a new extractor which i dont need now but will keep anyways. ok well maybe i did get one my soap box... oooppps

now the good points. i got some new ammo and shot the gun. shoot like a dream and its shooting less than one inchgroups easy.

dont take this the wrong way for you savage lovers out there. its not the gun, the gun is great and i would recomend it to others,just the service there sucked.
Jeff Smtih

(KEEP THE FUR ON THE TAIL GATE!!!!!!!)
Old 01-03-2006, 01:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: duckdog132

dont take this the wrong way for you savage lovers out there. its not the gun, the gun is great and i would recomend it to others,just the service there sucked.
told ya so.......... if you want service go toa brothel
Old 01-03-2006, 03:04 PM
Typical Buck

LOL!!!!!!!
Old 01-03-2006, 03:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Old 01-04-2006, 06:55 AM

I am glad you found out what the issue was. I own a Savage .308 and have owned a Model 110 .270 in the past. Never had to call the service department or take the gun back or anything like that. All they have ever been was tack driving rifles. Now the old ammo issue I have had happen in my remington 7400 and 742 but old surplus ammo or old factory load ammo can cause these type of issues.

Old 01-04-2006, 08:36 AM
Typical Buck

thanks ray. yeah i found out the hard ay(well not really hard just a minor set back since i didnt shoot my gun because i thought the gun was faulty)
thanks guys for all your help. its nice to know that if u have a qustion.. no matter how dumb they seem (and yes i know i have ask some really weird questions that some people read and go are u retarded), u guys are hear to answer them. keep up the good work.
Jeff Smith

(KEEP THE FUR ON THE TAIL GATE)