Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Bi pods?

Old 12-10-2005, 05:35 PM

Default Bi pods?

Does anyone here use bi pods and what do you think of them?
Old 12-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Bi pods?

I've got a Harris bipod, and it can be useful on occaisions. Other times, it just gets in the way and adds weight. It really depends on what I'm doing as to whether or not it's worth toting. If the gun is going riding around with me in a truck or a tractor, I stick the bipod on so I can prop on the hood or the front weights. It is short, so it only helps ifI have something to set it up on. The grassand brush here get so tall that hunting with a bipod is impractical.
Old 12-11-2005, 06:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

yeah NT, I have the Harris too. I used to use them all the time, however since I got my Stoney Point shooting sticks, I have opted to carry them on my pack as opposed to hauling that extra weight on my gun. My Bipods now usually only see action when Im set up on fields for groundhogs.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:13 PM

I use Harris Bipods and I have 2 sets of them the one set is the BR Model and the other is the tallest they make the 13-27" Bipods. I use them quite a bit. The only weight about 1 lb. so they really dont add that much weight to your rifle.
Old 12-11-2005, 04:25 PM

I have used the various Harris bipods for years as well. Like the 13" to 27" in particular for field hunting use. But the past few years, I have trouble assuming a sitting position - particularly all bundled up with cold weather clothing - and getting in a good relaxed shooting position. Went to the Polecat extendable sticks and don't plan on going back. Also, the Harris bipod base, with heavy recoiling rifles, can hit the bone on your index finger hard enough to break it. I didn't read this in a book . . . .
Old 12-11-2005, 06:19 PM

I will look into the monopod setup, I kinda like that idea. I never really thought about the weight of it. Thanks for the replies