Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Help me choose a gun..

Old 12-05-2005, 10:33 PM

Default Help me choose a gun..

Iambuying a rifled slug barrelfor my Moss 500 and retiring it to a deer only slug gun.It has served me flawlessly fordeer, turkeys, ducks, squirrels, everythingthrough all conditionsfor 12 years so naturally I went to look for a new Mossberg, and preferably a pump.

I'm a little intimidated going to look for guns as there are all these $700+ guns and then there sits the mossbergs $550-$600 MAX. I liked the 835 waterfowl flyway series pump gun. It felt good and looked good to me and I liked the 3.5 inch feature although I will rarely if ever use it. I also liked the Beneli Nova pump but dont know much about beneli except that the SBE seems like the holy grail of shotguns.

Anyway, I know some will say good, some will say bad for each, but IS there anything about either of these guns I should know before I buy one. Any problems with either I should know about? Is the 835 as reliable as my old 500?Anything that will dissapoint me? Thanks in advance!!

MNpurple
Old 12-06-2005, 10:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Help me choose a gun..

only shotgun i use is the mossberg 835 ulti-mag. it's just as dependable as the old mossbergs. i have successfully taken a wild hog at 100 yards with buckshot, using the 3.5" 00 buckshot and the extra full turkey choke. normally i would not have tried this shot with this equipment but i was on private land with no else in the area and wanted to see if it could be done. i love my mossberg.