Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Dominant left eye/right handed

Old 12-07-2005, 06:32 AM

Default RE: Dominant left eye/right handed

Well everyone,

Thanks for the input. Here is the update. We ended up with a New England Firearms .243 handi-rifle for her. I put a Leupold VariXIII scope on it and started teaching her to shoot left-handed. She did quite well for her first time to shoot a rifle. This was around Thanksgiving. Now she is grouping at 1.5" at one hundred yards and has taken a doe. She tells me the rush of seeing the deer and pulling the trigger is unbelievable. All I could do was smile and nod my head. She is definitely hooked on shooting and hunting.
Old 12-08-2005, 06:40 PM

How do you test for eye dominance.
Old 12-08-2005, 07:04 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: SCHOOLBOY

Old 12-08-2005, 07:06 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: SCHOOLBOY

Right Or Left Eye Dominant? . . . HOW TO CHECK
Our glasses come in both right and left eye dominant versions. Most golfers that are right handed are right eye dominant and the same goes for left handed golfers. However, there are exceptions, and here is a quick way of making certain of your dominant eye.
Place one finger in front of your face, arms length away and align it up with something about 10 foot away (for example, align your finger with the edge of a picture fame on a wall). Close or cover your right eye, and see if your open left eye keeps your finger in alignment with the object. Then close or cover your left eye, and see if your open right eye keeps your finger in alignment with the object. You will notice that the object will shift out of alignment while covering one of your eyes. The eye that the distant object does not shift position is your dominant eye.
[align=center]

Right Eye Dominant Golfer = Wears Right Eye Dominant Golf-Specs [/align][align=center]

Left Eye Dominant Golfer = Wears Left Eye Dominant Golf-Specs [/align]
Old 12-08-2005, 10:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I am right handed but left eye dominant becasue my right eye is a little worse. All my guns are right handed and I have never have had a problem adjusting to my left eye. I also shoot my bow with my left hand. It really just came natural.
Old 12-31-2005, 06:15 PM
Fork Horn

Alittle late on this thread but glad I found it. I`m right handed and just found out after 12 yrs of shooting righthanded I`m left eye dominate. I was scared to death about having to switch over to lefty but I`ve never had a problem so far so I`ll just keep on closong my left eye.