Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Predator calling

Old 10-04-2002, 10:27 PM

Default Predator calling

Does anyone call coyotes that have advice on what calls to buy. I have been looking into coyote hunting and need some advice. I was looking at Sceery or Knight and Hale what do you think???????

Why work when you can hunt???? Heck why work at all!!
Old 10-05-2002, 12:56 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Predator calling

I used to call coyotes a fair bit. I used Burnham Brothers, Scotch and Herter's calls. I have heard good things abiut sceery calls. I used a Savage model 24 .222 over 20 ga. with open sights. The idea was to use the shotgun on a close range "dog" and the triple duce on the farther ones. I never killed one with the 20 ga. and BBs. I now have some SSGs for it that would be a lot more effective.

Robin.

Edited by - Duffy on 10/05/2002 01:58:09
Old 10-05-2002, 05:43 AM
Typical Buck

sceery calls are great calls,a bit pricy but good calls.any call you buy to day is of good quality and will call in predators.its realy a matter of personal prefference.the most important thing you need to do is learn how to use it,no matter who made it.the moderators are going to give you 50 lashes for posting this in the gun forum,just thought i would warn ya.
Old 10-06-2002, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out the Johnny Stewart Electronic calls.There are several cassette tapes to choose from.They are available in long range or mid range.www.midsouthshooterssupply.com has them for around 150.00.I was a local gunshop one day when this discussion came up and about the Coyote problem in this area.Several talked about these electronic calls and how efficient they are.Can find more inf going to www.johnnystewart.com a division of Hunter's specialities. Ruger Redhawk

Support the NRA...Protecting our Gun Rights and Freedoms is everybody's responsibility. Ruger Redhawk A proud NRA Life Member since 1977.