Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

scope ?

Old 10-05-2005, 12:29 PM
Spike

Default scope ?

I am looking to order a scope online. I wanted to get an opinion on the Weaver grand slam line as far as clarity, fogging, and how much light does it gather. It looks like a good deal. However how would you compare it to Bushnell 3200 series and the nikon monarch. I had a monarch which was stolen with my gun and really liked it but the price on the Weaver is less

Any suggestions appreciated
Old 10-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: scope ?

You get what you pay for. I like the Weaver Grand Slams but I can't get past the fact that most models only offer 2-7/8" of eye relief. I like at least 3-1/4" of eye relief. This is enough for my even when firing a magnum round to keep the scope off of my eyebrow. I think if you already owned a Monarch I would opt for another one. I bought one recently from Natchez Shooters Supply for $199. They were running a special on refurbished models and I purchased a 3-9X40. I believe they still have some of these in stock for the same price. I really like this scope and have put it on a 12 gauge slug gun for now. I've fired around 40 rounds and haven't had any problems thus far. I also like the Bushnell Elite 3200 but think the Monarch is optically superior.