Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Price seems to always be an issue!!

Old 09-27-2005, 03:59 PM
Spike

Default Price seems to always be an issue!!

It doesnt make sense to me why price is such a concern to people buying a new rifle, especially if they only paln on getting1,Why would youget the cheapest gun you can find instead of the one you really want? Within reason price shouldnt be an issue, if you think about it,you will likely have the gun for the rest of your life, and if it's not really the one you wanted, you willprobablykick yourself latter, who cares if it is an extra 4 or $500! Anyway just wondering what you guys think...would you spend more then say $2000on a gun?
Old 09-27-2005, 04:33 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Price seems to always be an issue!!

Well Aaron, alot of these guys are as old as I am and
I have been buying long guns since the 50's.
The first rifle I bought was in 1953 for $99.99 at Sears
& Roebuck, J.C.Higgins Mod 51mauser (Husqvarna),
then in 1967 a Brn A-5 (Belgium) for $176. Now in
1997 I bought a Ruger M77 6.5mm Swede for $359.
I have close to 50 long guns in the safe that I have bought
over the years. Yes I have shotguns worth $2000.

You see what I'm talking about? Alot of the guys on the
forum to start a collection of gun's will cost them a fortune nowadays.
They don't want one gun, they want to have alot of them. With $2000
they can have 4 or 5 long gun's. Wal-Mart Brother!
Old 09-27-2005, 04:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why is price such a concern?........ Who cares about an extra $400 or $500?

Well because many people, unlike yourself it seems, live paycheck to paycheck and need to make their dollar go as far a possible. So they save and save and shop for the best gun they can get at the lowest price. An extra 400 or 500 dollars may be needed to feed their family for the next month.

Or perhaps a young college student wants to take up the hunting and shooting sports for the first time and they also have very limited funds. Maybe they shouldn't even bother since they don't have an extra 400 or 500 dollars, like yourself, to blow on a rifle that isn't going to do any thing more than a $350 Savage 110.

Man I hate threads like this. Glad to see that you are so much better of than others here.[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Old 09-27-2005, 05:01 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbulls

Why is price such a concern?........ Who cares about an extra $400 or $500?

Well because many people, unlike yourself it seems, live paycheck to paycheck and need to make their dollar go as far a possible. So they save and save and shop for the best gun they can get at the lowest price. An extra 400 or 500 dollars may be needed to feed their family for the next month.

Or perhaps a young college student wants to take up the hunting and shooting sports for the first time and they also have very limited funds. Maybe they shouldn't even bother since they don't have an extra 400 or 500 dollars, like yourself, to blow on a rifle that isn't going to do any thing more than a $350 Savage 110.

Man I hate threads like this. Glad to see that you are so much better of than others here.[:'(][:'(][:'(][:'(]
Big, I'm trying to explain to Aaron why most of these guys can't afford $2000 for one gun.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, I know.

I just hate attitudes like his.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have to say that I’m at a time in my life that a can afford some things I like. My collection is very small compared to many members on this forum and that’s why I’ll spend the extra dollar. The bottom line is that I’m satisfied with what I have, but I will shop for the best price I can get. No doubt about that.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:18 PM
Dominant Buck

Trailer, can't blame you bro!
Old 09-27-2005, 05:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Just want to add one more thing to this.

If you are in a financial position to afford a gun costing $2000 then great. We sell guns costing upwards of $20,000+ to individuals on almost a weekly bases where I work. One gentleman buys a different firearm from us almost daily. Usually they are rare guns we get from collections and most cost well into the thousands of dollars. This is all great and good for them.

It just ticks me off when someone in similar financial positions belittles someone else because they can't afford the extra money to spend on Sako, Beretta, Perazzi, or what ever. Or any thing else for that matter.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:30 PM

Because I have a mortgage, 2 vehicle payments, utilities, food, insurance, and a wife and daughter. It is called priorities. I used to buy what ever I wanted, regardless of price. Those days, at least for now, are gone. I buy based on value now. Most bang for my buck, so to speak.
Old 09-27-2005, 05:34 PM

I fall in the middle on this one. I have been buying and shooting cheap guns since I was about 12 yrs old-40 years old. Now I wouldnt spend $2000 (except on a shotgun which I did 2 yrs ago Browning belgian made superposed still in the box 1976) but I have also been the route of buying guns that I just want to upgrade or get rid of. So, my idea of an expensive gun that will see me through the rest of my life is about $800-1000 max. I just bought a new Kimber 84M classic 7mm-08 for $815.00. Next year I'm hoping to get a win model 70 super grade in 338 WM going for about $950.00. I think then I will be set for life. I do believe you get what you pay for if you are a good value added product researcher. Although I havent always fallen into that category, Case in point: Bought a weatherby 7mm WM for $795.00 that looked purdy but turned out to be a stinker. That gun absolutley could not shoot 2 bullets in the same zip code....it was a one shot wonder. It worked as long as you never needed a dependable follow up shot. I took a bit of a bath on that gun because I didnt think it was ethical to try and sucker some unsuspecting fool like me into buying it for what I payed....took $400.00 for it...it did have a gorgeous stock on it.

Quick Reply: Price seems to always be an issue!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.