Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Price seems to always be an issue!!

Old 09-27-2005, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Price seems to always be an issue!!

This may come a skock to some but you don't have to pay 2000 dollars for a good rifle that will do the job for you for many years. I have several Savage rifles that fit the bill well. They will shoot groups along beside most 2000 dollar rifles. Dependable and strong as well. Buy a Savage rifle and find the load it likes and you will not find a NEED to spend more. It does not have to be a Savage, thats just an example. Same goes for scopes. There are many scopes for well under 200 that will do the same job as scopes costing three times as much. I never had a lot of money so I had to make what I had stretch a bit. I learned how to get a lot of bang for my buck.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

James, I completely understand your point and I respect you for that. No kneed to spend more money then required, but for me I always wanted certain equipment and now I have it. I want to be able to use it for years before my time comes up that I have to give up my hunting for health reasons or age.
Old 09-27-2005, 06:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rebel Hog

Trailer, can't blame you bro!
Rebel, Sorry I missed your comment, Thanks
Old 09-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Spike

I really didnt mean to offend anyone! I was merely try to say that you'd be better off saving a while longer and getting the exact gun you want! I know people need to live and that it costs money, I most definatly was not trying to belittle anyone either...its just that a gun is a life long investment and I'm sure you'd bealot more happy with those few extra details that may end up costing a few extra hundred..really how much of a big deal is it to save up acouple extra bucks even if it took a few extra months....I guess if the love of hunting SEVERLEYout wighed your love of guns, all that you would want/need is a functional gun and there is alot of good cheap ones out there...I like allot of people am also pressed for cash, but guns and hunting is my life, andI wouldnt hesitate to put a fewmore$$ down on the table soI could hunt with what I reallywanted it just wouldnt be the same..but like I said earlierONLY WITHIN REASON and I guess reason is a relative term..just my oppinion..so please dont be offended by it!
Old 09-27-2005, 08:34 PM
Boone & Crockett

No offense here. I have always bought the equipment that I want. The thing is that what I want is a good reliable and dependable product without spending a whole lot of money. Lucky for me, I have always been able to do it. I only bought one expensive rifle in my life. It was a Weatherby Mark Five. The really fancy one. It turned out to be the worst rifle I ever owned. Never went that route again. Give me an NEF for 200.00 and I will fiddle with the action and tune the trigger and work up a good load and kill game out to any range that I am willing to shoot. Thats half the fun for me.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:35 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: GorV

It doesnt make sense to me why price is such a concern to people buying a new rifle, especially if they only paln on getting1,Why would youget the cheapest gun you can find instead of the one you really want? Within reason price shouldnt be an issue, if you think about it,you will likely have the gun for the rest of your life, and if it's not really the one you wanted, you willprobablykick yourself latter, who cares if it is an extra 4 or $500! Anyway just wondering what you guys think...would you spend more then say $2000on a gun?
I can relate to what you are saying. This has happened to me numerous times with electronics, not guns. I wish I spent the extra instead of upgrading later.

Would I spend more than $2,000.00 on a gun? No. Not even if I am to own just one.

Old 09-27-2005, 08:38 PM
Fork Horn

Not offended by your opinion. That's what messenge boards are all about. Share ideas, opinions, and expriences.
Old 09-27-2005, 08:41 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: James B

I learned how to get a lot of bang for my buck.
Same here. That's why I'm really considering the Weatherby Vanguard Sporter.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:28 PM
Boone & Crockett

Sorry if I flew off the handle back there.

I just get to hear that kind of attitude on a daily basis and it bugs me to no end.

Bottom line is that some people see firearms as tools only, some see them as works of art, and the majority fall somewhere in between. A Walmart Winchester will do the same thing as a $1000 Sako. Fire bullets downrange at an intended target.

Some people just can not afford to spend a thousand bucks on a rifle. Even if they wanted to. $400 to them may be equivalent to $5000 to someone else.

If I were to spend $2000+ on a rifle it certainly wouldn't be a production rifle of any make. I would have one built the way I wanted it to be built and to my measurements.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:40 PM
Fork Horn

I here ya Big Bulls.

Quick Reply: Price seems to always be an issue!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.