Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Handguns...

Old 09-22-2005, 08:16 AM

Default RE: Handguns...

If an Auto is what you want the Glocks are okay. I wouild look into a G19 I think that would be the compact 9mm if I am not mistaken and that will have a smaller grip. I don't like the grip on the large frame. the Sig Compacts have a good grip. Even better when you add Houge Finger-grove grips!

I would also think about a revolver. I too know women that perfer a revolver, I think it is a a psycolgical thing with the slide on the Semi-autos. Rvolvers are easy to operate and go bang when you pull the triger.Small revolvershave pretty snappy recoil so I wouldsuggest going with a mid to largeframe.The gun will be heavier but it will help to control the recoil!

good luck to youandlet us know what you end up going with!
Old 09-23-2005, 09:41 AM

I recently traded for a S&W 5906 9mm. Now thats a nice gun and its fun to pleank with. They usually run between 600 and 700 dollars.
Old 09-23-2005, 07:40 PM

Don't rule out a short barrel .38 special. The revolver is always ready to go and easy to shoot under stress. The short barrel gives her adversary little leverage if he tries to take it away. Oh and the grip safety on the springfields offer no safety advantage when compared to a glock. Which does the same thing with an internal safety.