Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Elite firefly question???

Old 09-19-2005, 08:47 AM
Typical Buck

Default Elite firefly question???

How well does the firefly recticle work in low light. I know durring the day they are black and at night they glow green but what about first thing in the morning or just before dark with not much light, how well do the cross hairs stand out? Are they a light green, which would be harder to see on a deer than black?

Thanks
Tom
Old 09-19-2005, 08:50 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Elite firefly question???

Well, you got to charge them with a flashlight. Once you do, that sucker is bright as all get out. Bright as the battery powered lighted recticles from Leupold. After about 1/2 hour, gets a tad dim. About 1/2 hour before daylight charge it, and by the time daylight hits, your set and don't need it anymore. Evening could be a little different. But the darker it is, the more the recticles will be noticable. You don't want it so bright that the contrast is too much or overpowers the view.

Old 09-19-2005, 01:05 PM
Typical Buck

Will natural sunlight charge the cross hairs or do you have to have a flashlight? I guess what I really want to know is that if I don't have a flashlight to charge it how much charge will it have naturally and will it be enough to see all the time or is there going to be a period of time when it is hard to see the cross hairs?
Old 09-19-2005, 01:10 PM

You got to have the flashlight. They even give you a little cheap one with the scope. I have used my Surefire to charge it, and it stays bright for quite awhile - six or eight hours - although it does gradually fade out. Crosshairs are jet black in daylight conditions, just like normal. Pretty good system - but unnecessary if you hunt only during legal hours, IMO>
Old 09-19-2005, 01:30 PM
bigcountry

Sunlight won't do it.Got to do with a flashlight.

Old 09-20-2005, 05:26 AM
Typical Buck

ok, thanks for the info.