Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

what are they going to do?

Old 09-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what are they going to do?

ORIGINAL: James B

I quess Remington deserves to build a special run of 7600"s in 30-06. I have one and its one of the best rifles I have ever owned. It groups along with 80 percent of the bolt guns out there. I have owned four and all would beat 1 1/2 inches with any good load. I would love to have a buck for everyone they have sold. I doubt any cartridge that has not surpassed the 06 in popularity and hunter use, never will. If for no other reason, they introduce so many new choices anymore that no one of them will ever come close to the 30-06. For many years it was one of the few all around cartridges out there. Almost every company that ever built a rifle made one in 30-06. I would quess Remington has made more than there share of them. I wouldn't be without a 7600. I have tried but always came back to it.
JamesB

I'm quite fond of the Remmy pump and agree it's strong and accurate. It's a man's rifle and a working man at that...no flash or fads or frills....just plain great handling and shooting gun.....I've never badmouthed them ever!!!!

That said it's not the tribute to the .30-06 I (or others) was looking for. As fine a gun as it is it's not a gun to use as an anniversary except for it's own.....it must be close to 60 years of it's own now....and wiould make a great tribute to itself.

Had Remington not discontinued the classic they had the world by the tail for 2006.....open mouth-insert foot.....again
Old 09-18-2005, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: what are they going to do?

A few years ago ruger stamped "Made in the 200th year of American liberty"
If ruger did some sort of engraving or stamping today, it would get lost in the mess of a owners manual they already stamp on their guns.[:'(]