Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Canadian Legal Question Safes?

Old 08-24-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Canadian Legal Question Safes?

Can I keep a loaded pistol in one of those fingerprint safes? Or does it have to be empty with the Ammo somewhere else? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-24-2005, 01:17 PM

Default RE: Canadian Legal Question Safes?

Man I tell ya, if a country was gonna tell me how I can or can't keep my own guns in my own home and then enforce such measurements. I WOULD MOVE IN HEARTBEAT!!!

I have even heard that in England for the few who have guns, they must be stored (ammo and gun) at the local law enforcement office. If you want or need the guns you must make prior arrangements to go down too the police station! [:'(]

Remember: An armed populace are citizens. An un-armed populace are subjects!
RA
Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 PM
Typical Buck

Hi C,

The answer is no. Here are the rules associated with storage of a restricted firearm in Canada:

6. An individual may store a restricted firearm only if

(a) it is unloaded;

(b) it is

(i) rendered inoperable by means of a secure locking device and stored in a container, receptacle or room that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) stored in a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked; and

(c) it is not readily accessible to ammunition, unless the ammunition is stored, together with or separately from the firearm, in

(i) a container or receptacle that is kept securely locked and that is constructed so that it cannot readily be broken open or into, or

(ii) a vault, safe or room that has been specifically constructed or modified for the secure storage of restricted firearms and that is kept securely locked.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:56 PM

Ok thanks. That sucks, but Canada is relatively safe so no worries there. Just would be nice to always know that you can get to your gun quick if need be.
Old 08-24-2005, 11:23 PM

I guess if I was a Cannuck I would sleep with a brick on my nightstand!

RA
Old 08-25-2005, 12:32 AM

If you were a canuck it would probally be a hockey stick.

Old 08-25-2005, 01:29 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: RedAllison

Man I tell ya, if a country was gonna tell me how I can or can't keep my own guns in my own home and then enforce such measurements. I WOULD MOVE IN HEARTBEAT!!!

I have even heard that in England for the few who have guns, they must be stored (ammo and gun) at the local law enforcement office. If you want or need the guns you must make prior arrangements to go down too the police station! [:'(]

Remember: An armed populace are citizens. An un-armed populace are subjects!
RA
In referrence to that, I've heard you can't even carry a knife in public in England. Woe is them!
Old 08-25-2005, 09:21 AM

They've had a huge number of knife attacks over there. Plus racism is getting out of hand there to.