Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Would you but a Foreign made gun??

Old 08-23-2005, 10:14 PM

Default RE: Would you but a Foreign made gun??

Governments love money. If gun sales really got hi in those countries for exports they may rethink the rules because they would have alot of customers in their own country. We have very little gun crime in Canada but we have like 2 million gun owners. Most of the guns used in crimes here have been bought off the black market and alot are ilegal guns like full autos ect..

If America wasnt so pushy on Canada about our weed we would probally have government owned Marijuanna companies. Its all about the almighty dollar.
Old 08-23-2005, 11:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

i see your point okcmco, it is ironic that these guns are imported from countries that have stiffled gun ownership, i took some guys from europe out once to shoot, neither had ever touch any gun[:-], these guys were in total disbelief, they would shoot and then look around like to see if someone was approaching, then they'd get the biggest grin and squeeze of another round, we made a bunch of pictures, some were very scary, imagine having 5 guns, from 12ga. to 7mm mag and a pistol or two[:-], but i do think it ironic. btw i own a few, and i wouldn't take 1,000,000 bucks for the belgium auto five that was handed down to me
Old 08-24-2005, 02:57 AM

I think my only foreign gun is my Benelli (pre-ban). I love that gun as much or more than my Rem 1100. I agree with your stance but we live in the good ole USA and we like the best.
Certainly I will consider this when I purchase my next toy.[&:]

Oh crap, I wasn't even thinking about my Glocks as being foreign but they are. Can't give them up either.
Old 08-24-2005, 08:09 AM

got a couple Husqvarna FFV's Sweden, slickest bolt guns I ever seen, and aBeretta shotgun... everything else is from the good ole USA...
Old 08-24-2005, 09:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

I can't fault a firearms company for the policies adopted by their country's government. I buy based on quality and many of the firearms I prefer happen to be made overseas and that's not a problem for me.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:51 AM
bigcountry

Fellas, comeing from the Ky coalfields, I used to be hardcore made in US proud. And designing and building one of thelast US built fiber optic WDM systems also made me proud. But the big company has secretly made plans that are now public to build a R&D facility in Bangalore, India. I think I have just gave in. I can't stop outsourceing. Might as well buy the best quality. And if its in finland, so be it. It stinks, but just the way it is.

I will soon be a victim of US outsourcing like thousands of other americans unless I can pick up the hindie language. NOT!!! Wonder if they got anythng cool to hunt over there?

Old 08-24-2005, 10:46 AM

Fellas it's too late to worry about outsourcing and "buying American". Over 75% of our products are built in the orient. And the remaining amount is majority Mexico and Central America. It's our own damn fault to, we want the most for the least and stand in line at WalMart to get it. China Mart aint the culprit, we are. China Mart is just the benefactor.

As for American guns, you better have alot of money. Other than Remington, Savage, Ruger and a few handgun and shotgun makers there aren't many American gunmakers left that aren't full on high end guns (like Kimber) or flatout custom makers like Jerret, Lazzeroni, Brown etc... If you want an American Weatherby you best stay with the Mk Vs and none of them are realatively cheap.

I don't see anyone talking about optics? I can't think of a solely American owned and domestic content optic maker anymore. Leupold gets their glass from the Phillipenes, Redfield, Weaver and all the other old American nameplates are built offshore. I think it's a bit Ironic that perhaps the most affordable quality in optics today is the Conquest from Zeiss and those scopes are sent over and assembled here! That's our government for you. They slap import tariffs on everything that is shipped here, a tariff is meant as tax revenue and also to bring prices inline with more expensive American built items. BUT they allow those same companies to simply come over here, buy plants and assemble them here with our labor force. Kinda defeats the purpose wouldn't you say?

And Honda and Toyota are about to surpass GM and Ford in numbers of American labor used to assemble automobiles!!! [:-]

Whoda thunkit?
RA
Old 08-25-2005, 07:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

You are sure letting your political opinions interfere with possessing some great guns!! So you would turn down a Purdey, Westley Richards, Rigby, etc? Even if someone GAVE it to you??
Old 08-25-2005, 09:57 AM

Since I'm from Canada. Why yes.
Old 08-25-2005, 10:33 AM

BTW would any off you buy one of these guys guns? http://www.dlask.com/
Im not really interested in their guns just wondering what you guys think?