Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Think I got a steal on a gun....

Old 08-17-2005, 10:42 AM

Default Think I got a steal on a gun....

Since I don't have it yet (internet), I'll hold reserve till it arrives in described condition.

It's a recent 700 Sendero with the fluted stainless bbl and stainless action (26") in 7mm Rem Mag (not SAUM, not UM).

It's got a 3.5-10X50 Nikon Monarch on it..

Cost me 750$ with shipping included.

If it's 99% (as described) and comes with orig. box (as described), then I think I just made a heckuva deal.

Thoughts? Did I get taken?
Old 08-17-2005, 10:50 AM

Default RE: Think I got a steal on a gun....

Good find. Last night I reserved a new rifle also. It is a Winchester Model 70 Ultimate Shadow in 7MM WSM syn/ss. Originally priced at 750$ I got it for 449 without tax. Big sale at BassProShops starting Saturday in Auburn NY.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:59 AM

I'm not much of a SS or synthetic kinda of guy, but this gun fits a very practical need for me.

I've become partial to the super-solid H-S stocks on the Sendero's (plus I like the look) more than any other plastic stocks I've messed with.

The full length aluminum bedding block is also a nice touch.

I guess my thinking is that almost any Sendero will cost me 600 bucks at least, and if I could get a stainless one for that, it'd be a miracle. Then that Nikon scope (which I would never buy myself to put on a rifle) is a pretty darned expensive scope too. (400?)....I think (and I've been wrong before) that 750 for it is a very good price for the package.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:06 PM

My deal at BassProShops sounds a little too good to be true because it is. I just called to make sure they did not foul up my order and then they procede to tell me that it is not my gun becuse they have a limited quanities off it and the manager said that one of his guys called me and explained it all ready. No one called me. H e basically told me tough %&*$. I then asked how limited is this gun. He said that the store is getting only six of them in different cal. A huge add on the second page of BPS ciricular for only 6 guns. Foul...I will die before they get a money from me ever.
Old 08-17-2005, 01:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've got the same gun in 7mmstw and i gave 810$ new for just the gun about 4-5 years ago, it is the best shooting out of the box gun i have ever owned, i have thought about some trigger work but that would be about it, and the trigger is really not that far out, i think you made a good choice and will be well satisfied with the gun and caliber you have chosen.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I own the same model rifle chambered in 7mm-STW. You are going to love that Sendero.
I topped mine Sendero with a Leupold Vari X-III 6.5x20x40mm. scope.
Old 08-17-2005, 03:19 PM

Then that Nikon scope (which I would never buy myself to put on a rifle) is a pretty darned expensive scope too. (400?)....
Cabela's has them listed at $440 for the matte scope. The glossy one is ten bucks cheaper, but I figured that rifle would have the matte one on it. Sounds like you did all right to me. Good luck with it.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:28 PM

I suppose at the end of the day I could get over not getting a great deal on it if it's a deer-slayer.

I'm quite certain the gun will be better than the shooter!

Old 08-17-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

The gun will be a shooter. IMHO the Sendero should have a high end scope. The Nikon Monarch fills the bill.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

sounds like a good deal to me . congrats