Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Scope rings

Old 07-28-2005, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Scope rings

For a Remington 700 BDL in 30-06, what's better and why, the one piece base scope mount or two piece? thx.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Scope rings

I like the two piece Weaver Bases and Millet Windage adjustable rings.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Was thinking Leupold, but will take all suggestions. Main concern is whether to go w/ 1 or 2 piece base and why...
Old 07-28-2005, 07:19 AM
DM

The strongest most reliable ring/base combo for me has been Weaver 2 piece bases with Weaver split rings. When "properly" installed, it's there to stay.

I've drug that combo for weeks at a time through the Alaskan bush, hunting bears and all kinds of other big game and never had one moment of trouble.

I have seen the Redfield type spit the scope off it, and i've also seen the one piece bases that only use 3 screws have problems too.

For me it has to be light and STRONG, so my vote goes to Weaver.

Drilling Man
Old 07-28-2005, 08:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have to agree with DM on this one,Weaver are the strongest I have ever used...
Old 07-28-2005, 09:40 AM
bigcountry

Tried about them all. And think i am getting away from the windage adjust Leupolds two piece bases. From now on, on hunting rifles, only dual dovetails. Why? Only on long range target rifles do I need the windage adjust.

I hate the weavers. Harder than crap to get the recticle straight. And man, thats some crapping bluing they put on em.

Old 07-28-2005, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

Leupold 2 piece Dual Dovetatils is my preference. I personally don't like a 1 piece on a bolt rifle.

I have used the standards design leupold as well with no troublesin either 1 or 2 piece, just think the DD's are the best 2 piece design from Leupold.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about Burris Signature dual dovetail rings in 2 piece Leupold bases.
Old 07-28-2005, 11:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

I use Leupold Dual Dovetail or Quick Release mounts and rings. I used Weaver rings and mounts on a little30-06 Sprg., and the rings streched out in about 150 rounds. I threw them as far as I could. Good luck.
Old 07-30-2005, 10:28 PM

In a onepiece mount if a screw on the base gets loose the base will move.On a two piece base if a screw works loose on a bases the rings will help hold the scope in place more so than a single base.And for the money as well weaver are good bases,and they have IMPROVED rings now. Not like the old ones that were mentioned,plus they have a nice finish. the new rings have a dual lock system on them and no problem in setting up your scope as in the past.It nice to keep up with whats on the market. So go with weaver.The new rings are called "Quad Lock" hope i helped. vangunsmith

Quick Reply: Scope rings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.