Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

strange slug issue

Old 09-21-2005, 10:44 AM

Default RE: strange slug issue

Crap, I forgot that I had the problem with the second scope too. I swear my memoryis already starting to go. When I saw the issue with the scopeyesterday I was sure I found the problem. I have friend who happens to be a dealer that really knows guns. We discussed this and as soon as we can arrange a mutual time I'm going to go to his range and see what we can figure out. He feels pretty confident that he can solve this problem. I'll report back when we figure this out for sure.
Old 09-21-2005, 01:13 PM

Default RE: strange slug issue

I bet in the end you will find it is something simple, you just have to figure out what it is.

JCC often talks about the fact that slug guns require a different form to shoot well. I have not noticed this, but maybe this is the problem you are having? Look at my post a while back about my new Ultra Slug gun. I think it got quite heated for a while there, but maybe that information would apply to your situation? It would be worth trying at any rate.

If you can't find it I will do a search and link you to some threads with that info if you want.

I had a buddy that had a problem simular to this last week. He sighted in at 25 yards, then at 50. However when he tried to sight in at 100 the scope was way off and he ran out of adjustment. It ended up being something as simple as his mounts were off center and the front ring was too high. I mounted a different scope (he ruined the other one by over adjusting it) , shimmed the mounts and bore sighted it. Now it shoot pretty good out to 100 yards.

Paul