Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Browning A-bolt 12ga Rifled Shotgun

Old 07-21-2005, 11:14 AM
bigcountry

Default RE: Browning A-bolt 12ga Rifled Shotgun

Well, I am intrigued. Not sure I need another slug gun, but know where I could probably pick one of these browning up cheap.

The advantage, I could see right off, is barrel bedding of the A-Bolt. And stock design. I have all the slug guns mentioned and all stock designs have the shotgunner in mind, not a rifle/ slug shooter.

thanks for the reply?

Old 07-21-2005, 11:26 AM

If you can bick up a 12ga A bolt cheap, nab it. They command a premium price around here, right around a grand. They are great shooting guns.
Old 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The glass bedding on these guns is incredible. The action fits in the stock so tightly it can almost be difficult to align. Once the action is in the stock it is comparable to a custom bedding job.

As far as price, expect to pay more then 1250 currently. I am sure there are people that might sell one cheaper, but that just means they are not aware of the real value.

Here is link to a gun that was purchased a week after I got mine....Look at the purchase price then subtract about 300$ for the accesories....then you will get an idea of what some people will pay for these guns...
http://www.bluewonder.us/BlueWonderGunCleaner.html

Here is another one. This one comes with the less desirable(value wise), synthetic stock, and alterations that lower its resale value...

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=32639403
Old 07-21-2005, 11:49 AM
Giant Nontypical

I can tell you that mine seems to like every factory sabot shell I've tried and it's giving me groups under 1 1/2" at 100 yards. Most every slug gun I've had in the past required a lot of time to find a load that would group. Not my A-Bolt!

If you are a serious slug gun hunter and can get one for under a grand, buy it!!!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:12 PM
Typical Buck

I posted on a bunch of gun sights in the "wanted" section,a gentleman from Michigan contacted me and I bought his from him in near mint condition for $450.00!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

DVD,

I paid 465$ for my first one...

I assume its been a few years since you got yours?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:18 PM
Typical Buck

I bought it about 2 1/2 years ago!
Old 07-21-2005, 12:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

That obviously was as awesome price at the time. I was looking around then aswell. I remember a few going for 800-1000 during that time period.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:31 PM
Typical Buck

[blockquote]
Sometimes lady luck even shines on me!The gentleman said he didn't want to hunt with it anymore,and apparently didn't realize what he had! [/blockquote]
Old 07-21-2005, 01:07 PM
bigcountry

Wow, I will pick this one up from my ex uncle for 4 bills. And try to make some cash on it. I believe I could shoot with it with my Gold, but never knew they went that high. I think I would just buy 4 or 5 HR's first and keep the one that shot the best and sell the rest. Well see.

Quick Reply: Browning A-bolt 12ga Rifled Shotgun

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.