Community
Guns Like firearms themselves, there's a wide variety of opinions on what's the best gun.

Finally it's here !

Old 07-20-2005, 05:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Finally it's here !

My dealer called today. My Alaskan is finally here. I'll swing by after work tomorrow and pick this little power house up.It's been a long wait since late Jan or early Feb.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-20-2005, 05:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Finally it's here !

Man that’s a long wait. My patients would have run pretty thin waiting that long. Good luck..
Old 07-20-2005, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

ruger,
have they only released the alaskan or did they release the other 05 guns that haven't come out yetlike the 50th anniversery blackhawk??? my dad really wants one of the blackhawks but noone has them.[&:]
Old 07-21-2005, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Ruger,
When I saw you post I new what it was about befor I even clicked on it.
Good to see it is in,let us know how it shoots.
BBJ
Old 07-21-2005, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

ruger,
have they only released the alaskan or did they release the other 05 guns that haven't come out yetlike the 50th anniversery blackhawk??? my dad really wants one of the blackhawks but noone has them.[&:]

Hunter, I know the ALASKAN's are out in 454 Casull only so far. The 480 will be coming along at a later date.I'm not sure about other 05 new releases.I do know the 50th Anniversary Flat top Blackhawk's are out.I saw one of them.. Fromwhat I heard Ruger is going to continue making the Flat Top after they stop the anniversary model.You hear so much you don't what to believe.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-21-2005, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

I figure most would know before opening the post up. I've been chopping at the bit of this darn thing.I got it today.Man it's beautiful.I hope to get to the range within the next week or so.I go as a guest so I'm limited when I can go.I'm on the waiting list to join it.That could take forever.When I get out there I'll definately let you know how it does.I looked like a proud father walking out with my new baby.LOL.Well Almost.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-21-2005, 08:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think it's a neat "little" gun, but I'll bet full house .454 Casull loads are nothing short of BRUTAL. No thanks. I'vehad the displeasure ofshooting the .500 S&W with the 4" bbl, and even with the lightest 325gr loads and thebreak it'sa real SOB.

As much as I like the .454 Casull cartridge, I question the logic of making a revolver with such a short barrelin such a powerful cartridge. Mastering a full sized SRH is a tough task, mastering the Alaskan would be much worse.

However, if you like the gun and can shoot it well, then congrats on your new revolver.

Mike
Old 07-22-2005, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

driftrider I'm sure it will be Brutal shooting it with full house Casull's.I'll try it with the Winchester 250 grainI have here.They are mild coming out of a 9 1/2" SRH.I'm sure it will be a different story out of this 2 1/2"bbl.Hey you only go around once.Might as well live on the edge. I think it will be ahard one to master. Actually I don't master any of them.I'll give it my best shot.The trigger is the norm for Ruger's. It has a pretty stout trigger pull.Other then that I'm impressed with it.I hope to try it out in the next week or two..I wish they would have made them with a 3 1/2"-4:"bbl.. Can't have everything.

Ruger Redhawk
Old 07-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Ruger-Redhawk

ORIGINAL: Hunter06FlKy

ruger,

Hunter, I know the ALASKAN's are out in 454 Casull only so far. The 480 will be coming along at a later date.I'm not sure about other 05 new releases.I do know the 50th Anniversary Flat top Blackhawk's are out.I saw one of them.. Fromwhat I heard Ruger is going to continue making the Flat Top after they stop the anniversary model.You hear so much you don't what to believe.

Ruger Redhawk
thanks ruger. noone has gotten one so far around me but i'll have my dad check around a couple of places.

let us know how that alaskan shoots.
Old 07-22-2005, 10:15 PM
Boone & Crockett

I told you that you would end up with with an Alaskan one way or the other. Glad to see it finally came in. I bet the recoil isn't going to be as bad as everyone is thinking it will be. Even with full house loads.

What are they retailing for if you don't mind me asking?

Quick Reply: Finally it's here !

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.